VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

OK, I'm a cricket ignoramus. To me, that just looks exactly like every other 'bowled out' I've ever seen

it's pitching and moving in the air way outside leg stump and comes back in with the spin to hit off stump. Very few people can do that

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's to do with the amount he could spin the ball and get it to dip to make batsmen look daft.  That was his first ever delivery in an Ashes as well, so an iconic moment. 

Here's another example, I suspect it won't impress you that much though! 

spacer.png

In the immortal words, Mike Gatting looked at Warne like he had stolen his lunch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

it's pitching and moving in the air way outside leg stump and comes back in with the spin to hit off stump. Very few people can do that

D_NWDIFXkAAl9AS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

OK, I'm a cricket ignoramus. To me, that just looks exactly like every other 'bowled out' I've ever seen. 

I suppose its the same as anything if you dont follow it. My missus cant understand the amount of football I watch and just says it's all the same. I mean shes right to an extent, all the possible goals and outcomes of games have already been done. Nothing new is going to happen in the next match.

Probably also like me when I walk in and coronation street is on the tv and it just appears to be the same people with the same problems year after year.

• Like 1

I know nothing about cricket, but I know baseball and can appreciate how much skill is required to manipulate a ball (KW.gif) like that. 

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

OK, I'm a cricket ignoramus. To me, that just looks exactly like every other 'bowled out' I've ever seen. 

I know (and care) exceptionally little about cricket but even I can tell that that's a special bowl. It's going wide one direction but then the bounce takes it as far as it can go on the opposite direction to clip the wicket. The crazy movement of the ball at the bounce beats the batter, rather than with pace or the specific placement.

• Like 1

I am not a massive cricket fan although I'll follow England. That Aussie bowling line up with Warne and McGrath was something special. Warne though went beyond just ability he was true theatre and a real character. A larger than life figure in a sport where you could name the legends that had both ability and a character that made them famous beyond those who watch the sport on one hand. 

52 is no age. RIP. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Basically he could make the ball move sideways better than anyone else. It's very difficult to do but Warney could make the ball do whatever he wanted it to do.

As Bumble says, he used to make it Fizz

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Warney. Wow that’s a shocker. Gutted man. One of the greatest. 52?! RIP. ****. 

Its probably the equivalent of Messi or Ronaldo dying. He was the superstar of his era and backed it up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Nah **** off taking Shane Warne from us. 

The guy was universally positive in the commentary box about young upcoming players, was training teams in the IPL and really seemed to have a thirst for life after being a bit (lol) of a party boy in his younger years.

I heard an interview with him a few weeks ago and he was saying how thankful he is for how life has turned out, how he still has a good relationship with Liz Hurley (lucky word removed) and his other exes.

I'm gutted I won't be seeing/hearing him again, this one is cruel. 

As an England/Australia rivalry he always bigged up England and the English players and he wanted a good competitive Ashes 

Maybe I am a bit cynical but when you mention his previous party boy lifestyle maybe it caught up in the end 😞

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As an England/Australia rivalry he always bigged up England and the English players and he wanted a good competitive Ashes 

Maybe I am a bit cynical but when you mention his previous party boy lifestyle maybe it caught up in the end 😞

Yeah didn't he have a problem with Charlie? that can usually lead to heart issues in your 50's 

What a game changer he was though. :(