VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

32 minutes ago, El Zen said:

The Foos’ early stuff was, if not extremely interesting, then at least brilliantly fun straight up rock music combined with an ability to make catchy hit tunes with the finesse of the most polished of pop artists, Everlong being the obvious, but perfect example of their ability to make some almost irresistable songs at their peak. That, and their almost parodically amiable personalities - have you ever heard a bad word about any of them? - gives them a special place in my heart. Musically, we grew apart a long time ago, but the Foo Fighters, f*** man, are absolute legends. 

I think they are one of the few bands that nobody seems to really actively dislike.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I think they are one of the few bands that nobody seems to really actively dislike.

Agreed - probably because on the face of it (excluding certain beliefs) they are all decent, normal guys considering they are globally renowned ‘rock stars’ 

• Like 1

Absolutely flattened by the news, he’s 7 years younger than me. I’ve seen them live 7/8 times and they’ve never failed to deliver. 

Had tickets for the VP gig, can’t get my mrs to go near VP on matchday but she was so looking forward to the gig. What a shit start to the weekend.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I can see Grohl playing drums for the rest of the tour...if they complete it. That's a gut punch.

I hope not.  Dave should be up front and centre.  If they decide to continue then I hope they have a few guest drummers in.

Have to say this has made me quite sad. Not the biggest FF fan but definitely enjoyed them and were generally good to watch. Hawkins though was definitely “the 2nd member” and it’s clear the Grohl thought a lot of him. This is going to be hard for him.

A real shame, RIP :( 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

More details coming out now. Known drug user found unresponsive in a Colombian hotel room. Oh Taylor 😧😥

Suggestions of medics being called to hotel for someone with chest pains. I think with the drugs I thought he had been clean for nearly 20 years or so. Really hope it’s not drugs related :( 

Edited by cyrusr
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Didn’t Kurt kill himself just before Nirvana were due to play Aston Leisure Centre?

Looks like Dave is destined to never come to Aston.

Yes, i had a ticket for that Nirvana gig

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

More details coming out now. Known drug user found unresponsive in a Colombian hotel room. Oh Taylor 😧😥

Reckon there might be more than one known drug users in Colombia at the moment.

Andrew Jennings. The guy who lifted the lid on corruption in the IOC and FIFA. Apparently his first words to Blatter were “ have you ever taken a bribe Mr Blatter” Jack Warner the Caribbean delegate, who was a particularly despicable man, once told Jennings to go **** himself and that he would spit on him. Take a bow Mr Jennings, a life well lived I think.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Youfa ?

No, the one who was in Do Not Adjust Your Set, a kind of pre-Python.

Youfa Coffey...nope, I'm calling a Mooney :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1