Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Digne back in, Konsa on bench. The rest is good to go.

If Ramsey hadn't done well last time against them I'd have been half tempted to rest him for this (and bring him back for West Ham). Let's remember Konsa came straight back in v Brighton and played his part in clean sheet so he'd have been in the team v Saints but for covid.

I still wonder if Chambers as DCM with Luiz and McGinn the pressers infront would surprise Leeds a bit more rather than just going unchanged bar Digne surely coming in for Young.

Interesting what Gerrard does with these next two games as he'll have surely learnt from the last midweek tussle with Leeds and us coming out flat as a pancake at Newcastle. We have 24 hours less to recover from this game aswell so we'll surely mix up the team a bit for West Ham regardless of Thursday's result.

Chambers playing well is great. Keeps Konsa and Mings on their toes. They've probably spent the best part of our time back in the Premier League knowing they are walk up starts.

• Like 1

If Konsa is fit I’d probably bring him in for this one along with Digne, despite the fact Chambers played very well on Saturday, I think we’d benefit from his pace as Chambers seems a little slower.

Other than that, same team, if Ings, Watkins and Coutinho combine like they did on Saturday we’ll cause them plenty of problems.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If Ramsey hadn't done well last time against them I'd have been half tempted to rest him for this (and bring him back for West Ham). Let's remember Konsa came straight back in v Brighton and played his part in clean sheet so he'd have been in the team v Saints but for covid.

I still wonder if Chambers as DCM with Luiz and McGinn the pressers infront would surprise Leeds a bit more rather than just going unchanged bar Digne surely coming in for Young.

Interesting what Gerrard does with these next two games as he'll have surely learnt from the last midweek tussle with Leeds and us coming out flat as a pancake at Newcastle. We have 24 hours less to recover from this game aswell so we'll surely mix up the team a bit for West Ham regardless of Thursday's result.

Rest time is a funny phenomenon, to me......sometimes the longer the rest, the more rusty we get, and start flat.

A quick game afterwards, keeps your eye in, and the momentum rolling.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think he will mix it up a bit for the West Ham game.  

Damn, he sounds proficient, typical us to get him/them now he's had a minute or two to get them thinking about how to beat us as opposed to them listening to an old man on a bucket drinking scalding tea and chirping through an interpreter. 

0-4 to us, fck em. 

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 2

Chambers played a worldy deserving of keeping his place imho (Konsa plays worldies too, just Chambers has the shirt right now) . I would keep Young as well he is such a calming leader out there but tough to argue against Dignes ability.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Bloody typical. I'm out all evening. 

Assuming you’re out locally, you’ll hear the game unfold as every one of the 187 million Leeds fans roar their team on. Every pub, bar, restaurant, house, flat and phone box will have the game on. That’s how well they’re supported… allegedly 🙄

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 3

Does anyone mind sending me a link to the game on VillaTV when it's uploaded?

I'm out tonight so hoping I can avoid the score then tomorrow get a direct link and somehow click and full screen it without seeing the score spoiler below.

Konsa is our most assured player so comes straight in for me. Chambers got royally exposed against Watford's pace so Leeds will have plenty of that. No question for me that Cons is a better natch up against these. Same goes for Young, Digne should come back in. Much more athletic and has more pace and energy than Young which we'll need.

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Assuming you’re out locally, you’ll hear the game unfold as everyone one of the 187 million Leeds fans roar their team on. Every pub, bar, restaurant, house, flat and phone box will have the game on. That’s how well they’re supported… allegedly 🙄

Haha, yeah. I'm actually doing an open mic night, so it'll be a pub room full of music. My intention is not to keep checking my phone, but I bet I do. I'll probably be going on around about full time, so if we've won I'll be sure to let the audience know...  ;)

• Like 1