Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

The first goal will be everything - if we get one early then our confidence after Saturday will rocket and their faith in their manager might take a sudden turn for the worse.

Score early and we can enjoy this game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its a game we should win- so will we probably lose it. We must be a nightmare on the accumulators. 

Every game i say we'll win, we lose and vice versa. So we will lose v Leeds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Since the 3-3 they have lost 5 on the bounce with an aggregate scoreline of 18-2

id say its a great time to play them. Shut the crowd down early, score and then fill your boots lads. We look hungry again.

1-3 (Watkins x2, Coutinho)

We are nearly always the team that rolls over for those having a bad time. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can we just please beat them? I need bragging rights. 

We did last season didn't we, think AEG scored very early and we were reasonably comfortable. Think that's our only win over them in last 5-6 years.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

We did last season didn't we, think AEG scored very early and we were reasonably comfortable. Think that's our only win over them in last 5-6 years.

Yes, we won there 1-0 last season and had drawn our previous two games there 1-1. Since 2016 we have won 2, lost 3 and drawn the other 4. Overall we have 29 league wins, 30 draws and 30 defeats against them, so a win would even things up nicely. 

• Like 2

I don't think we have arrived at a place just yet.....where we can be cock sure of any fixture.

We must put in a shift like we did against Southampton, to be confident.

I have no idea, what the outcome of the Leeds game will be, as both teams are so inconsistent.

Both are very good, on their day.....and as we all know, bloody awful when they're not.

• Like 2

On 23/12/2021 at 14:48, OutByEaster? said:

So, a chance for a skeleton Villa squad to play their second game in 48 hours against a Leeds team that will have had ten days off.

Seems fair.

Well I'm glad this has aged somewhat badly :D

Now if we can cut out the moronic mistakes that let them back into it last time, and keep up what we've been doing at the top end of the pitch then this could be another 4-0.  Leeds do not want to be playing us right now.  Or if they do, they shouldn't :D

Can the real Aston Villa stand up once again please. I've been (mostly) enjoying it recently.

• Haha 1