Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

I would love to batter these absolute scum. Probably, after the true scum, the second most scummy fans you can meet.

Elland Road is like a tin shed with a muddy patch of lawn in it. And all those top knot rocket polishers with their Alice bands and plaited hair… I can’t stand this club.

I think they did play a lot better against Leicester than they did towards the end of Bielsa’s term so I expect this to be a tough one beyond our normal Leeds hoodoo. Would love to give them a second loss on the bounce for the new manager.

• Like 2

Bad timing, this. Leeds fans like what they saw yesterday despite the loss, which means ER will be bouncing on Thursday night.

I'll be content with 0-0.

But I hope we win of course. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Bad timing, this. Leeds fans like what they saw yesterday despite the loss, which means ER will be bouncing on Thursday night.

Possibly, but we're coming off a four goal win and going to a team two points off relegation and trying to adjust to a new style - I don't think timing gets any better than this for a game against Leeds.

Would be happy with a point from this....our big danger is complacency and we need the defence to be rock solid as we certainly weren't at VP with the goals we gave away.

Actually think we're more likely to win away to West Ham for some reason.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Possibly, but we're coming off a four goal win and going to a team two points off relegation and trying to adjust to a new style - I don't think timing gets any better than this for a game against Leeds.

Maybe. Have we won three straight games this season? 

All I've wanted at the start of the last few seasons is to absolutely batter these tosspots.  

They are capable of taking a battering and we are capable of dishing one out. We just need the stars to align and it's on.

6-1 to villa and hopefully same again second half.

• Like 2

It’s one on paper we should win but this is the new managers home debut. Bamford returning from injury…no idea how this will go. Depends which Villa and which Leeds turn up. We’re both pretty unpredictable teams to be honest.

I've predicted Villa wins against Brighton and Southampton in the respective pre-match threads.

So not going to change now...

Dirty Leeds are possibly are still adapting to a change in tactics and strategy which hopefully will play into our hands. Play it cool for the first twenty minutes or so and I think we can hurt them, just get Coutinho the ball.

3-1 Villa

Will we rotate is the question?

3 games in 8 days is the kind of run Smith struggled with as he didn't keep thing fresh.

Problem is its difficult after winning 2 in a row and if we lose its an easy stick to beat Gerrard with. 

I'd like to see a few brave decisions here, not so much for this season but for the blueprint of next year.

Tough one to call but do feel like we are playing Leeds at the wrong time. Sure Elland Road will be rocking with it being a new managers first home game. Had blind faith that we would beat Brighton and Southampton before the games but feel like this could be a 1-0 loss here. Don't expect the game to be as open as the reverse fixture and Leeds are absolutely desperate for points. 

If we play like we did Saturday no matter what leeds do or play we win.

But i doubt we will be ablt play like that again.

Mings will get a lot of aggro like he did at VP hopwfully it doesn't effect him but spurs him on to have the last laugh.

Id love to send them closer to relegation

I think we need to remember our last game against Leeds. This is a second game in a few days so we need to change things up. I’d be surprised if Digne and Konsa didn’t start (Covid dependant). Maybe even Buendia for Couthino or Bailey for Watkins? 
To be honest I can’t see SG making many unenforced changes! 

23 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'll be content with 0-0.

But I hope we win of course. 

Nah, me and my eldest are going and will make more noise than them no problems, especially if I tell him the Wifi at home is cut off for a month

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its a game we should win- so will we probably lose it. We must be a nightmare on the accumulators. 

Same with Leeds tbf.

This is one for gamblers with  kahooners!

• Haha 1