Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, a chance for a skeleton Villa squad to play their second game in 48 hours against a Leeds team that will have had ten days off.

Seems fair.

I think their training ground has just been closed because of five fresh Covid cases, on top of loads of injuries. They're not going to be full strength, if the game goes ahead at all.

On 24/12/2021 at 12:26, Nigel said:

Leeds end expect this to be called off too

I always wondered if there was ever such a thing as a genuine itk.....Looks like there i!

#nigeitk 

Edited by Nigel

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Love Konsa but thought Chambers had a good game and deserves to keep his place. Flip of a coin though to be honest. 

I think Leeds movement and speed up front would really expose chambers.

• Like 1

Can’t see Bamford, Phillips or Copper starting this one, with only Bamford returning to the bench yesterday but not coming on. That has to be a plus.

If we can repeat the performance of yesterday we’ll be too much for them but showing some consistency is key now. 

I know we always seem to struggle against these but please can we turn up and give them a good hiding.

Their form since drawing with us (albeit a tough run of games): 5 straight defeats, 18 goals conceded, only 2 goals scored, and didn't score in 4 of those 5 games. 

In fairness they played well against Leicester and were very unlucky to lose, but they don't seem to have adapted their style much since Bielsa.

If they try to dominate the ball, push their defence high up and go gung ho which I suspect they will, we should have lots of space to exploit their poor defence and score at least a couple but our defence needs to be much less generous than it was in the home game.

Another good win will be really handy going into a tough run of games starting at West Ham next weekend. 

• Like 1