Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

What, stand up comedy? Always wanted to give that a go, but then again, I've always talked a good fight.

Well the audience may well laugh, but no, music. Guitar/vocal, my own songs. Although if we win I might be tempted to give them Holte Enders in the Sky... 

• Like 4

first game last season was open but then they evebtually overwhelmed us . reverse fixture at Elland Rd we learned from our mistakes and kept nice and compact and nullified them and won

this season first game was open and they outplayed us over the 90 , save for the 10 minute period when we scored 3 times. reverse fixture at Elland Road .. first game for Rodney Marsh and his merry men so hopefully the crowd will encourage them to pour forward and then we can hit them on the break, . 

3 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Im not very confident about tonight. They are always on it against us. 

We have to be on it, to stand any chance.....ability alone, will not see us through.

We have to be sharp and first to the ball, enjoy the challenge and seize the initiative, just like Saturday......do that and we'll be alright.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

This has huge banana skin potential.  Don't think I can bear giving up 4 points to these this season along with 6 to Watford.

when we are not fired up as a team......they all are.

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Match them for effort and we win this.

Never a truer word spoken in football.

Recently history suggests once we've mad a bit of headway we tend to throw it all away, people like SJM have a day off, bigTM drops a clanger, Ollie has legit goals disallowed etc 

Most of it comes down to standards, the players maintaining theirs, the coaches getting the players into a well drilled effective strategy, referees not making suspecr decisions etc.

Man for man on paper we should put these away, it's time for everything Villa to click and for some momentum to build.

They will be rejuvenated and hard to beat but we can do it, might be a close one though, 0-1 or 0-2 to us.

• Like 2

Looking forward to it. We were a fun watch against Southampton. Playing away we are always going to be less expansive so a nice 0-1 win would do me nicely. A Danny Ings special from an Ollie pass please. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Got a bad feeling about this one for some reason but then again I had a bad feeling about the Southampton game so who knows

I have to say, I have no idea on this score.

Edited by TRO

We all know, that our best players can give anyone a game.

but when I see some of our not so good players, raising their game and playing really well, with composure and confidence.......that gives me huge hope, going in to games.

you're only as good as your worst player......and right now, that ain't bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

This is on Amazon Prime tonight just incase some were unaware. 

Oh.  Out of the last 4 games I have watched 2 (losses) and missed 2 (wins). Last Leeds game I missed the first half and watched the second half. Sorry, lads.

Might have to make the missus put on a romcom tonight.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well the audience may well laugh, but no, music. Guitar/vocal, my own songs. Although if we win I might be tempted to give them Holte Enders in the Sky... 

Great stuff! Huge respect for being an artist and a musician!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Oh.  Out of the last 4 games I have watched 2 (losses) and missed 2 (wins). Last Leeds game I missed the first half and watched the second half. Sorry, lads.

Take her out for a slap up meal and send the bill to VillaTalk, if they won't pay, send it to me but whatever happens, do not watch the game.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, rubberman said:

make sure its not....." Catastrophe"

Edited by TRO