Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

To have 4 youth prospects on the bench is a weird one. I'm part very excited about the future with them and part concerned about the depth in the squad. 

But to be fair it's up to those kids to make the impact to become worth their spot on the bench. Suddenly we'll be thinking we have one of the deepest squads in the league if they can really make a name for themselves.

• Like 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

One surprise pick. The rest is pretty much exactly as expected?

I’m actually not surprised. Our squad is imbalanced. We have 4/5 decent number 8 type midfielders and very little (fit) quality out wide. 

I like the line up. It will be a hard working side. 

• Like 2

Jacob can play this position easily. Look how he links play with good passing . BUT i think it will be McGinn as the number 10 ala Scotland 

Either way its good to see that Tim is on the bench ( for the first time ? ) shows that what we have seen the coaches have seen . 

El Ghazi was the easy change but he has gone a different way . Fair play to Gerrard. 

I actually get excited about team selections now . 

Targett will be a miss though 

At U23 level Ramsey was a very attack minded midfielderr and sometimes played on the left of a front three, he scored way more goals at that level than Chukwuemeka has, not saying that Ramsey is better than Chukwuemeka, just that I can understand Ramsey being chosen to play ahead of him on the left. Another thing with Ramsey is that he's good at tracking back, so will get back and help Young, he helps out the fullbacks even when he's playing centrally.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd have liked to have seen Carney start over JJ. Nice youth options on the bench but it also shows with a few injuries our depth is struggling. 

Ramsey is better than Chukwuemeka. And perhaps the youth are impressing the coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Surprised Vardy hasn’t made their cup final starting 11:trollface:

He has... he will be starting on Thursday against Napoli 😏 

Thought he would start this one and Daka on Thursday tbf, but I guess he can't completely manage 3 games in a week now

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Villa87 said:

I think I’d go:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Ramsey Nakamba Luiz

Buendia McGinn

Watkins

Wouldn't be surprised or disappointed to see any of Ings, Carney, Young, Sanson. 

I’m happy with the line up!

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Very odd team selection. 

How so?  Considering Targett isn’t available Young is the obvious choice to step in at left back and the rest of the team picks itself except for the last spot which was probably between AEG and Ramsey.  

Leicester side looks dangerous. Vardy is a bit of a surprise to be benched, but the games are coming thick and fast (they play eleven times in five weeks!) and he’s 35 next month. He’s gonna get rested for some fixtures but Daka looks like a fantastic replacement.  I can see this being a high scoring game.  

5 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

He has... he will be starting on Thursday against Napoli 😏 

Thought he would start this one and Daka on Thursday tbf, but I guess he can't completely manage 3 games in a week now

Yeah, he’s huge for you, would be silly not to manage his playing time to maximise output.