Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

Leicester supporters sure like to go on about “aggression” and “aggressively” and aggressiveness this and aggressiveness that. It’s all they seem to talk about. Not many shades in the palette. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Feeling a defeat here tbh 0-2 

Yeah me too.

Surprisingly quiet start from Leicester so far.

Just a matter of time before they hit form.

Saying that I am feeling way more confident under Gerrard than I would under the previous regime.

Edited by villalad21

Really looking forward to this. I think it’s the perfect fixture to gauge where we are at. Brighton was always going to be nervy, Palace was brilliant and although we performed admirably in the second half against City it was always going to be incredible difficult and I think most of us would have preferred an easier fixture to keep up the momentum. 

LCFC is a really good fixture. A team that has consistently been around the top 4/6 for a couple of years but are now maybe finding it difficult to stay there. Still a solid top 10 team who on there day can beat anyone. It will be fascinating to see how we compare. 

3-1 win. Buendia Watkins x 2 

Far too much optimism around the Villa at the moment. We’ve been in this game to long to know that won’t last long. At some point we have to walk into a performance that makes us think Luiz actively hates the Villa fans, McGinn has never seen a football before. Watkins run a lot and gives it away with every touch and Buendia looks like he’s playing with the grown ups. Mings totally loses it and stamps on Vardys chest (oh no THAT Mings is back). Konsa puts one in the top corner of our own goal and we all wonder if Gerrard is a charlatan after all. 

That said I’ve just chucked £40 on us to win so what do I know. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Far too much optimism around the Villa at the moment. We’ve been in this game to long to know that won’t last long. At some point we have to walk into a performance that makes us think Luiz actively hates the Villa fans, McGinn has never seen a football before. Watkins run a lot and gives it away with every touch and Buendia looks like he’s playing with the grown ups. Mings totally loses it and stamps on Vardys chest (oh no THAT Mings is back). Konsa puts one in the top corner of our own goal and we all wonder if Gerrard is a charlatan after all. 

That said I’ve just chucked £40 on us to win so what do I know. 

We had a good 10 minutes against Brighton, a good first half against Palace and a good second half against City. 

Some MOFO's are about to feel the wrath for 90 minutes! 

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Leicester supporters sure like to go on about “aggression” and “aggressively” and aggressiveness this and aggressiveness that. It’s all they seem to talk about. Not many shades in the palette. 

I say SMASH ALL VIOLENCE.  NOW!! 

• Haha 2

Going today cant wait. Its the lads 34th birthday next week and my 64th early Jan (sons wife having their third child any time now so we had to go before Christmas) . Mrs. T said what do you want for birthdays, I said tickets for the match would be lovely. We left it late to get tickets and were left with upper Trinity near A2, don't think she expected £97. 

Just thinking as I write this, like me many of you have been to the match with your Dad then your mates and then your own sons. My lad has 2 daughters and a third on the way. Hoping one of his daughters will want to go with him

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Going today cant wait. Its the lads 34th birthday next week and my 64th early Jan (sons wife having their third child any time now so we had to go before Christmas) . Mrs. T said what do you want for birthdays, I said tickets for the match would be lovely. We left it late to get tickets and were left with upper Trinity near A2, don't think she expected £97. 

Just thinking as I write this, like me many of you have been to the match with your Dad then your mates and then your own sons. My lad has 2 daughters and a third on the way. Hoping one of his daughters will want to go with him

image.thumb.png.1c682bc3f53dcbb2efdfac9d88a5ac0e.png

So only cost £2 with beer and burgers

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

I am worried about this one.

would obviously love the 3 points but anything less than a draw against Leicester will hurt the newly instilled  confidence Gerrard has brought back to the Lions of the midlands.

the visitors are in good form, in my opinion and their 2 talisman are also happily scoring.

Big win for Villa if it happens.

Edited by 3_Penny_Opera
Autocorrect…

For gods sake how much longer. Due to being a nightshift worker and weird sleeping patterns I awoke at 04:30 so have to wait 12 hours until kick off.  Picking the lad up from Cannock and setting off about 14:30 that's still another 6 hours, it will all be over in 90 minutes but hopefully talked about for weeks 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

For gods sake how much longer. Due to being a nightshift worker and weird sleeping patterns I awoke at 04:30 so have to wait 12 hours until kick off.  Picking the lad up from Cannock and setting off about 14:30 that's still another 6 hours, it will all be over in 90 minutes but hopefully talked about for weeks 

Similar here Rob. I’m not going to VP today but I woke at 6:30 when my son woke up (he’s 3)… so we’ve had breakfast, read books, played Lego… but still quite a few hours before kick off! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it’ll be:

Emi

Cash   Konsa   Mings   Targett 

McGinn Nakamba Luiz

El Ghazi       Ollie       Buendia

Swap Ghazi and Buendia and you may well be right!