Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Would have preferred Archer to Davis. But perhaps if we are protecting a lead rather than trying to score might be the thoughts.

Yes could be, maybe he likes Davis. More chance of JPB or AEG bagging though if we throw people on.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm a bit surprised to see Davis take the spot back on the bench. He should be done here, neither of them are likely to come on for more than a handful of minutes to see a game out for anything barring injury, but I've much prefer to invest the minutes in Archer. If that's not happening we should be getting him out on loan in January

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Young at fullback worries me a lot tbh. Much improved but honestly I think at 36 he has no business in a back four at fullback.

Needs must 

He's played at FB several times this season and been fine there?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If it is Ramsey out wide, I think I'd have preferred to see Philogene-Bidace, so hopefully he at least gets some time off the bench if the game allows it. 

We don't play wide players, its two number 10s/inside forward hybrids. McGinn could play the same role on the right if needed too.

Bit concerned about a possible lack of width and pace in our team but looks like Gerrard has set us up with the intention of being solid in the middle of the park and winning the central midfield area.

Hopefully we can put another good shift in today. Come on Villa!

26 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

To have 4 youth prospects on the bench is a weird one. I'm part very excited about the future with them and part concerned about the depth in the squad. 

But to be fair it's up to those kids to make the impact to become worth their spot on the bench. Suddenly we'll be thinking we have one of the deepest squads in the league if they can really make a name for themselves.

We're missing all of Targett, Trez, Traore, Bailey, Ings so always going to be some youth on the bench when you can name 9 subs now.

If we could ever have all of the attackers fit at some time we'd have as good a bench as Leicester have with genuine game changing options past the hour mark.

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Bit concerned about a possible lack of width and pace in our team but looks like Gerrard has set us up with the intention of being solid in the middle of the park and winning the central midfield area.

Hopefully we can put another good shift in today. Come on Villa!

I don't think it's a bad tactic tbh, Rodgers teams like playing centrally and important we don't give Maddison and Harvey Barnes space 25 yards from goal as they will hurt us like Maddison did at VP last season.

Leicester team dosen't look that much better than ours, worry for me is they have far more options on the bench to change it around hour mark than we do so that could be decisive today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Did he!? What did he say?

Massive club, won leagues, cups. Great stadium. European champions. Should be challenging for Europe. Should never have been in championship. Fans seem very demanding. 

Edit. 

When he said fans are very demanding, he said that was Lescott and Richards words. He asked Merse the question. He shrugged his shoulders and said they were great with him. Something along those lines. 

Edited by Newry_Villan
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Newry_Villan said:

Massive club, won leagues, cups. Great stadium. European champions. Should be challenging for Europe. Should never have been in championship. Fans seem very demanding. 

Wow. Well, there’s a shocker

• Haha 1