Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

If you’re a player in that side being told you don’t run enough or aren’t battling enough for 50/50s, what’s going through your mind? If you’re on the bench or in the stands and you hear that, but see the same names on the teamsheet, what goes through your mind?

We're in that annoying place where it feels like the manager is going to get the sack soon as things just aren't working out, but you also know it's not going to be just yet, he will get at least another three or four games, and could get the odd win amongst those to buy himself more time, so we're kind of stuck in this strange place at the moment, I don't know if 'dead man walking' is the right phrase, but feels similar to that, we've been there with previous managers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

We're in that annoying place where it feels like the manager is going to get the sack soon as things just aren't working out, but you also know it's not going to be just yet, he will get at least another three or four games, and could get the odd win amongst those to buy himself more time, so we're kind of stuck in this strange place at the moment, I don't know if 'dead man walking' is the right phrase, but feels similar to that, we've been there with previous managers.

Still think he could finish 15th and win a cup?

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

If you’re a player in that side being told you don’t run enough or aren’t battling enough for 50/50s, what’s going through your mind? If you’re on the bench or in the stands and you hear that, but see the same names on the teamsheet, what goes through your mind?

When you put it like that I suspect some of them don't believe in him and it shows.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

An absolute disaster giving McGinn the captain’s armband.

A disastrous appointment.

Sick of so many piss poor performances, we are regressing badly. It’s very worrying.

Key decision he got horribly wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

An obvious decision as well. Such a badly organised club on so many playing staff levels. It's like they are all winging it.from manger down.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I'm not disputing that Purslow wanted Gerrard, just that him wanting Gerrard played a part in the decision to sack Smith. It implies that if Purslow had no connection to Gerrard we would've stuck with Smith longer and I don't buy that at all.

And again I'm not defending Gerrard? He's woeful.

It's Purslow's job to have a new manager lined up before he sacks the existing one and that manager was Gerrard. If he didn't have , what he thought was a better option, lined up before we sacked Smith then he's neglected his job.

I'm sure this isn't lost on our owners, they don't want to fail. 

28 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

21 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

An obvious decision as well. Such a badly organised club on so many playing staff levels. It's like they are all winging it.from manger down.

It’s times like these where you need a genuine leader,  someone to unite, inspire and lead his fellow players. Someone who can help organise the team and get them to at least show some fight and spirit.

McGinn is simply not cut out for that role. If you can’t even produce a positive individual performance, how the hell are you going to inspire your teammates to?

You have to set an example.

FFS.

• Like 2

It does seem inevitable, results can lie to you but performances don't. WIn, lose or draw I can't remember many good team performances under Gerrard at all.

Every week I have to ask what formation and style is he trying to build, I still haven't a clue. 9 months and barely out of pre-season I wish I could give him the benefit of the doubt but he's not showing any signs that he knows what he's doing. Can't get Buendia and Coutinho in the same team, can't decide on which striker to play and when it doesn't work we just mash them both together, full backs chucking crosses into the box from deep, our actual midfield 8s that can keep the ball aren't anywhere near the pitch.

It's an absolute mess, whatever this is has failed. Get Poch or Potter in asap, for all the money we spend on these players I'd rather spend the 30m on a manager and get someone in who has proven themselves on the training pitch at developing a style. 

• Like 4

Gerrard is actually worse than Bruce.

This club is in free fall at huge rate of knots, I don't care what people say this situation is not changing under Gerrard his record pathetic and decision making just as bad, mcginn is a joke footballer zero capacity as skipper but well.played Steve you absolute tool he's your skipper not mine.

• Like 2

I'm convinced he will be gone by the World Cup. To take this squad of players and have them performing so badly is some achievement. My worry now is he will sell the family silver to try and fund a reshaping of the squad and we will lose some real talent. Is it true we are in for another winger when he doesn't play with wingers? Just ludicrous if it is.

Â