Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fwiw I’m not using stats at all. I’m just going on how poor the players look.  I’ve tried to support the manager and look for the positives. It’s just hard to find any at the moment. 

I really hope the place doesn’t turn in to a ‘I told you so’ smugness.  Although to be fair it’s probably justified in many cases and would happen if it was the reverse.

So all I can say is those that have said Gerrard is isn't the answer from the off, please get it out your system :)

No, I’m not a ‘told you so’ kind of person I’m more lost that I have nobody to argue with today because everybody is agreeing with me 😂

Edit:  I may have to go into off topic to argue with somebody 😉

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

No, I’m not a ‘told you so’ kind of person I’m more lost that I have nobody to argue with today because everybody is agreeing with me 😂

20+ still don’t want him sacked just yet so they’re still out there mate! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Our next 10 league games taking us to the ⅓ of the season stage:

West Ham (H) - 1pt

Arsenal (A) - 0pts

Man City (H) - 0pts

Leicester (A) - 1pt

Southampton (H) - 3pts

Leeds (A) - 1pt

Forest (A) - 1pt

Chelsea (H) - 0pts

Fulham (A) - 1pt

Brentford (H) - 3pts

Total = 11pts

So 14 pts after 13 games and the way we are playing under our clown of a manager I think I have been generous with my predicted points.

Yet another request to use the appropriate threads for Next Manager discussion

Tactics and Selections

Upcoming fixtures and your level of optimism

and so on

This thread is exceedingly time consuming to moderate because of all the diversions into other subjects against the site's guidelines.

30 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Our next 10 league games taking us to the ⅓ of the season stage:

West Ham (H) - 1pt

Arsenal (A) - 0pts

Man City (H) - 0pts

Leicester (A) - 1pt

Southampton (H) - 3pts

Leeds (A) - 1pt

Forest (A) - 1pt

Chelsea (H) - 0pts

Fulham (A) - 1pt

Brentford (H) - 3pts

Total = 11pts

So 14 pts after 13 games and the way we are playing under our clown of a manager I think I have been generous with my predicted points.

I don't think we will get that many points with Gerrard. Not even close.

I don't see us sacking him this week but if we lose against West Ham there's good cause to make a change so the new manager can come in for a decent run of matches starting against Leicester, which really could be season defining. 

58 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Edit:  I may have to go into off topic to argue with somebody 😉

Why don’t you step into the Davis thread.

Someone hold my beer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

That's just laughable.

When you start to look at his stats, if he wasn't a 'name' he would have gone last season, they are just awful.

Yep. I would’ve sacked him after losing 4 or 5 in a row last season. Clearly wasn’t working then. So much money and time down the shit pipe.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

I genuinely don't get what we're supposed to discuss in here. His sartorial choices, hobbies outside of football and hairline? I guess press conferences don't have their own thread yet...

Pop your head in every now and then and throw a bit of abuse his way. It helps. It's very therapeutic and helps ease the pain when the realisation sinks in that we're stuck with him for the time being and when we do eventually cut him loose we'll have to pay him a few million pounds for being shit at his job.

1 hour ago, the_sun_never_sets said:

Serious thought this triggers.... I wonder if he'd do a job as DoF ? 

More aligned to his skillset than manager/coach

He wants to be the swaggering gaffer, he wants to be interviewed and speculated about for the Liverpool job. His ego is too big to accept his failings and move to a front office job. Would we even really want him there making big decisions?

This only ends one way.

The problem here is that by sacking Gerrard, Purslow admits his mistake.

And he might not be ready to do that.

As noisy as all this clamoring is, I doubt Gerrard is close to the sack.

It will have to get much worse.

Just now, maqroll said:

The problem here is that by sacking Gerrard, Purslow admits his mistake.

And he might not be ready to do that.

As noisy as all this clamoring is, I doubt Gerrard is close to the sack.

It will have to get much worse.

If Purslow and co aren’t on red alert right now it’ll be very disappointing. If Gerrard doesn’t come out with a new formation and players on Sunday he’s delusional 

I'm not a big fan of comparing managers to current flavour of the month, but if you look at the positive changes Newcastle, Palace and Leeds have had with a change of manager compared to us it really doesn't shine a positive light on Gerrard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

It appears that his only applicable talent is convincing players to sign on the dotted line. 

We could just send him around the world dressed in a furry lion suit and a set of pens. Sorted.

Let's be honest it's not really just him. It's huge wages. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not a big fan of comparing managers to current flavour of the month, but if you look at the positive changes Newcastle, Palace and Leeds have had with a change of manager compared to us it really doesn't shine a positive light on Gerrard. 

You’re not allowed to compare, we have to be patient apparently. 10 months isn’t long enough to make a judgement. We also have a better squad than Newcastle and Leeds and arguably palace, they’ve just been coached a lot better 

Â