Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

9 hours ago, Wurzel said:

I'm convinced he will be gone by the World Cup. To take this squad of players and have them performing so badly is some achievement. My worry now is he will sell the family silver to try and fund a reshaping of the squad and we will lose some real talent. Is it true we are in for another winger when he doesn't play with wingers? Just ludicrous if it is.

I read this this should be a wake up  call for owners and say F off you waste of space he's lost the plot trying ro sign players in a formation we don't even play.

Worse than Bruce by a country mile I don't trust him and he's done all bar us getting rid.

Board cannot trust him with anymore money sorry he's clueless and has an attitude that he cannot back up he's currently writing cheques he cannot cash.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Maybe we need a Manager with shit hair?

Smith, Gerrard, Bruce, Remi garde, Lambert - all of them had fantastic hair (for their respective advancements in age).

We need a bald or at least balding manager.

Roberto Di Matteo says Ciao.

Meanwhile Tim Sherwood now isn’t speaking to you after the snub on your shortlist.

• Like 1

It concerned me when he swapped Targett for Digne at a big loss. The warning signs have come to fruition in his handling of Mings. 

I don't think Gerrard is up to the task of managing a Premier League club. 

• Like 2

Just shown my better half his interviews and then flicked on the interview with Dean Smith after the Norwich game today, and the one before he was sacked at Southampton. 

"Jesus, least he looks like he wants to be there compared to that other guy" was her response. 

It does strike me we've gone from one of the most personable managers in my lifetime to one of the least. It must have been jarring for the squad to have had a manager who would be there for them and big them up in the press to someone who refers you to a member of the backroom team if you need a shoulder to cry on or need to let off steam

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skarroki said:

Just shown my better half his interviews and then flicked on the interview with Dean Smith after the Norwich game today, and the one before he was sacked at Southampton. 

"Jesus, least he looks like he wants to be there compared to that other guy" was her response. 

It does strike me we've gone from one of the most personable managers in my lifetime to one of the least. It must have been jarring for the squad to have had a manager who would be there for them and big them up in the press to someone who refers you to a member of the backroom team if you need a shoulder to cry on or need to let off steam

Some managers are more hands on than others. That's not the issue really. The issue with Gerrard is that tactically he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing.

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

We've gone from a guy living his dream managing us to one who sees us as a stepping stone. 

Now if things are going well and it's successful then that's not a problem. But when it's just as bad, if not worse, then what the **** was the point?

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

Some managers are more hands on than others. That's not the issue really. The issue with Gerrard is that tactically he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing.

Also, don’t forget that Gerrard is a globally known footballer and celebrity, with all the things that comes with that in terms of media relations.

He’s probably spent more hours on media training than Smith has on coaching badges. Dealing with media will be different for someone like him, no doubt.

Just now, DCJonah said:

We've gone from a guy living his dream managing us to one who sees us as a stepping stone. 

Now if things are going well and it's successful then that's not a problem. But when it's just as bad, if not worse, then what the **** was the point?

That stepping stone seem awfully slippery for the lad… 

Stepping off for Chester?

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's Sherwood levels of cluelessness... I didn't even think that was possible. 

He can get sacked after the Southampton game at the earliest, at the first international break, but a decision could of course be made the week before.

So he’ll have the games against West Ham, Arsenal, Man City,  Leicester and Southampton to begin with. If he gets 4-5 points from those he will probably get another 8 games (until the World Cup break).

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He can get sacked after the Southampton game at the earliest, at the first international break, but a decision could of course be made the week before.

So he’ll have the games against West Ham, Arsenal, Man City,  Leicester and Southampton to begin with. If he gets 4-5 points from those he will probably get another 8 games (until the World Cup break).

0 points from the next 3 should have us fans feeling fantastic 

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Buckle up. It’s a few more weeks of this yet.

Only Premier League manager to be sacked after 3 games is Christian Gross at Spurs.

Â