Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Buckle up. It’s a few more weeks of this yet.

Only Premier League manager to be sacked after 3 games is Christian Gross at Spurs.

But it hasn't been 3 games, it's been 30 games... Get him out now and we might salvage something from this season 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

But it hasn't been 3 games, it's been 30 games... Get him out now and we might salvage something from this season 

I’m fully aware of that.

I’m just saying, only once in the history of the premier league has a manger been sacked after 3 games into a season. Managers are typically given more games, Dean got 11.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I’m fully aware of that.

I’m just saying, only once in the history of the premier league has a manger been sacked after 3 games into a season. Managers are typically given more games, Dean got 11.

Sorry mate, I'm not having a go at you. I'm just fuming! As I said somewhere else, Smith also go us promoted and actually got a win against United before he was sacked. 

Have we had one really inspiring result under Gerrard, none that I can remember. Smith was limited imo and I was ok with his sacking, but boy did he give me some memories (decent ones) to hold on to.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

There's literally no point in waiting any longer at this point. Him getting the sack is completely inevitable so might as well just bite the bullet now. He aint turning this around now. 

This is what happens when you ask a bus driver to fly a plane...

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Dean Smith given the short shrift was never the problem. Appointing a worse manager was.

Get this moron out.

Its what the Gerrardbots say. Waa probably time for Smith to leave but not for an unqualified clown

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Doesn't seem clear at all to me, and thinks had been bad under Smith for basically the whole of 2021.

You were the most anti McLeish poster on here and I remember that and you are defending this clown

This is probably the worst Villa manager in history considering thr2 resources he has

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You were the most anti McLeish poster on here and I remember that and you are defending this clown

This is probably the worst Villa manager in history considering thr2 resources he has

Bizarre comment. I've literally said I'd sack him tomorrow if I could.

In fact I've said he should be sacked about 4 or 5 times already since the game. Did you miss all those?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

I didnt see that comment 😛

I've said he should be sacked about 4 times today across different threads, and have repeatedly called him tactically clueless.

In any case, even if I hadn't come out publicly against Gerrard, I fail to see how pointing out that things were bad during much of 2021 under Smith counts as defending Gerrard?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

There's literally no point in waiting any longer at this point. Him getting the sack is completely inevitable so might as well just bite the bullet now. He aint turning this around now. 

We will beat bolton on tuesday and in typical villa style it will paper over the ever widening cracks..gerrard will keep his job until the world cup and be gone before end of december

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

We will beat bolton on tuesday and in typical villa style it will paper over the ever widening cracks..gerrard will keep his job until the world cup and be gone before end of december

He will do the Brucey that will shut them up when Guilbert assists Sanson for an 87th minute winner. Carragher be out with Danny Murphy calling us a Championship team with ideas above our station

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Zero chance he turns this round even if he gets a mini run going eventually the rot will return because his tactics and team selections are utterly pathetic.

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I increasingly feel like we let Smith down tbh. He deserved a little longer. Gerrard has done absolutely nothing to warrant the same extension. 

I really like Smith but I think he would have been let go at the end of last season regardless as Purslows ego wanted a name

Fact his replacement is this clown is an insult to both Smith and Villa fans

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I increasingly feel like we let Smith down tbh. He deserved a little longer. Gerrard has done absolutely nothing to warrant the same extension. 

I think you're right. Although we were having a bad run at the time, I firmly believe that he would have pulled through it and at least equaled Gerrard's 13th place. 

Purslow saw an opportunity, to what he believed was an upgrade, and it's coming back to bite him in the ass.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

We let him down by replacing him with an amateur. I still feel the time was right for a change but we downgraded instead of upgrading. 

• Like 1

Â