Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Remember that time he told us to expect big changes then fielded an (almost?) unchanged team? :D

and bizarrely changed the only decent player in that game (if we're talking about the same game...wolves away where sanson did OK)

Just now, rbcuk said:

Never known a manager to come out with such shit as gerrard lately, it’s obvious they don’t get on

The team played today like they all don't get along with him

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's Steve Bruce.

Right now the gloves are off! Nobodies place his safe! I'm going to do it my way! We need to do this! We need to show that!

Picks the same 11 plays the same way makes the same subs 

His lack of ability to stamp any sort of identity on this team is very reminiscent of Bruce as well.

here's a thought. liverplop continue their poor start to the season, klopp sacked, liverpool go with their heart over their head and appoint SG. we'd actually get some compo for him too.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

here's a thought. liverplop continue their poor start to the season, klopp sacked, liverpool go with their heart over their head and appoint SG. we'd actually get some compo for him too.

If a trophy and a draw is a poor start to the season...

I think quite a few people have unfairly had the knives out for Gerrard since the moment he joined, but after a transfer window and a pre-season he doesn’t have any excuses to hide behind.

If we’re not rapidly back on top-half form I suspect Stevie will be out of a job shortly, and rightly so.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It feels like the NSWE were unsure who to appoint after Dean and put full trust in Purslow, who chose his mate. It's backfired spectacularly and will conyinue to get worse

Gerrard was rumoured for the job when we lost Leicester 4-0

This is Purslow pet project, he criticised Smith getting 55 points

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Never known a manager to come out with such shit as gerrard lately, it’s obvious they don’t get on

The amount of bollocks SG has come out with lately...surely got to be feeling the pressure

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's both possible that Deano should have been sacked, and that Gerrard might be the wrong Manager. lol

Again, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Thats what people said and people always brought Smith into the argument as if we didn't think he needed replacement

Gerrard was the wrong choice

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its like Roy Keane at Sunderland

I'm trying not to make my Love for Tyrone skew my vision but I don't find this productive at all, it's like publicising a bust up.

On the flip side, i'm wondering if Tyrone reacted really badly behind the scenes, or is a bit of a billy big bollox.

Sometimes unpopular choices are made with regimes and player fall outs ( Think Abamuayeng and Arteta ) ?

I'm all up for a Manager " stamping his authority " but surely there's a way to do it strategically? ( Like not with such a big character at the club and popular player )

Just don't know what to think but it all feels a bit shite atm.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's both possible that Deano should have been sacked, and that Gerrard might be the wrong Manager. lol

Again, they aren't mutually exclusive.

I think as everyone (sane) accepts that - the issue many raised was that rolling the dice on sacking someone who had brought us up and kept us up for someone who had never had a credible managerial job was a huge gamble that could send us down. I don’t think anyone would have been too upset if we had sacked Dean and brought in Conte :) but we gambled.

I took my hat off to him last season when we picked up the points to eliminate that relegation concern… but then we looked worse and worse since the turn of the year. So now I’m worried the concern was just a year early, and although I’m currently still pretty sure we will be comfortably midtable I don’t think that’s the Board’s ambition.

Sacking a manager is always just half of the equation. And the more complicated part is the replacement.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm trying not to make my Love for Tyrone skew my vision but I don't find this productive at all, it's like publicising a bust up.

On the flip side, i'm wondering if Tyrone reacted really badly behind the scenes, or is a bit of a billy big bollox.

Sometimes unpopular choices are made with regimes and player fall outs ( Think Abamuayeng and Arteta ) ?

I'm all up for a Manager " stamping his authority " but surely there's a way to do it strategically?

Buendia and Mings are both fan favourites though.I think Gerrard trying make a stamp with wrong players

Makes McGinn captain 🙈

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm all up for a Manager " stamping his authority " but surely there's a way to do it strategically?

I'm not a betting man, but I somehow doubt that he'd have reacted badly, and would put money on it 

Aubameyang was not performing on the pitch, not coming to training and was a poor influence. The complete opposite of Tyrone who's been nothing but exemplary.

Â