Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

26 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

3 games in a row he's made awful subs. Day to day, he's class and a step above what we've had before. But I'm starting to believe he can't manage games. He is struggling though and not finding the gaps to allow us to win games. 

Really?

• Haha 1

I’m really starting to believe we are going places under Gerrard. So focused and single-minded, knows exactly what he wants from the players and is completely honest in his assessment. There’s no doubt in my mind he knows what he wants to change and where, and seeing Purslow’s interview earlier, it seems like the owners will back him.

Exciting times ahead. 

Important point, as we need to stop losing games. There will be ups and downs this season, but there is a clear identity in our football and in spells we are playing some of the best football I've seen us play in a very long time.

Gerrard looks the real deal though and Purslows interview(see Purslows thread) that was released today is really promising.

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

Need to start games better under Gerrard, stop giving us a mountain to climb by conceding so early

Not a Gerrard problem, Dean couldn’t get 90 out of them either.  If he can crack that, we will shoot up the table

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

We wernt great first half but not sure how Gerrard sorts out first half keeper blunders. Unless he needs to stop pressing control keeper on his joypad and let the computer do it. 

But like Gerrard said. 

That blunder happened because we didn't start well and united were all over us. 

We were passive. 

• Like 2

I am glad Gerrard gave the players some home truths at half time but he also needs to do the same with himself and the coaching staff.

We started all wrong and it took till half time to fix it. Yes our players made some massive mistakes but we were tactically out thought the first half.

I dont want to come across as small time, but reality check. We are Aston Villa they are Manchester United. Right now where we are 4 pts off them is a good result, as much as I hate to say it.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But like Gerrard said. 

That blunder happened because we didn't start well and united were all over us. 

We were passive. 

Yeh we were but I think Gerrard comments are also protecting the keeper who has been brilliant for the most part.

• Like 1

Â