Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

21 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Defoe just been a guest on ssn transfer special with the 2 Ronnies. Bigged up Gerrard saying his aura is incredible but he has zero ego as a manager.  but also name checked Mick Beale who he called an unbelievable coach 

Don't mind Defoe, seems to love his football, thought he was gonna get upset when talking about being dropped by Rangers, seemed to genuine love it there.

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Daz Hale? Someone mentioned it on here before I think. Not sure though, I don’t listen to WM.

He does the radio West Midlands football phone in. He is a dog head

mate

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

From that presser

“Young Jaden Philogene-Bidace has been offloaded for a few days, he’s got a tight pelvis area, so we’ve come off him for a few days. He’ll be back in training on Monday, all being well.

Kenneth Williams Leespoons GIF - Kenneth Williams Leespoons Ooh Matron GIFs

When I was watching/listening to this, I pictured one of you bastards doing exactly this 😂

• Haha 3

interesting reading (https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-chukwuemeka-bissouma-22761106)

Im not sure how you read that, and dont take from it that he thinks we need a no.6 this window.

Dougie playing "relatively well" (in the no.6 role), that says it all for what Gerrard thinks tbh.

Would suit Dougie anyways, he's more of a no.8 imo.

image.png.702b247513215ff4639508ef0a70eca8.png

image.png.44f9a160b4871c4524aebf7e1f6feb0d.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

interesting reading (https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-chukwuemeka-bissouma-22761106)

Im not sure how you read that, and dont take from it that he thinks we need a no.6 this window.

Dougie playing "relatively well" (in the no.6 role), that says it all for what Gerrard thinks tbh.

Would suit Dougie anyways, he's more of a no.8 imo.

image.png.702b247513215ff4639508ef0a70eca8.png

image.png.44f9a160b4871c4524aebf7e1f6feb0d.png

Pretty sure he was " happy " with our full backs a few weeks ago as well. 👀

tbh, im trying to not to get too carried away this season (positively or negatively - now i am confident we are on the right track under Gerrard), we will have ups and downs, im 99% certain we wont be dragged in to any sort of relegation battle, so for me this season is about developing our playing style, trying to get a solid mid table finish, getting some good signings in this window, then kicking on in the summer and having a great transfer window under Gerrard.

Add a good pre season to this with a Gerrard inspired bunch of signings in the summer, and i think next season could be really good.

That doesnt mean i would turn my nose up at a late European push this season if the miracle transpired, but i kinda get the feeling this season is about consolidating, developing and building ready for next season.

(and please please get Coutinho signed up permanently if he does show his ability - to have such a huge star here would be a huge statement - if he can find that level of performance this season)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve been feeling like this then looked at the table and reminded myself we were 14th having lost 4 out of 5 or something and wondered why on earth we’re all so happy. 

I do feel that, probably not tomorrow, but things are going to click for us and we’re going to give a team a proper hiding soon. 

Not sure why you would isolate the last 5 games to provide any sort of performance measure.

If you think of it this way: Since Gerrard arrived we have won 4 out of 9 games (4 out of 8 PL games). Under the former manager we had won 4 out of 13 games (3 out of 11 PL games).

Under Gerrard we have 1.5 points per game. Under last manager we had 0.9 points per game.

So obviously it’s been better. 

There is also a feeling that Gerrard knows what needs to be done to raise our performance by a few levels. Under last guy I felt mid table was his best level and always a risk of slipping below that.

I do think it’s going to take a bit of time though before we can confidently expect to be thumping teams.

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not sure why you would isolate the last 5 games to provide any sort of performance measure.

If you think of it this way: Since Gerrard arrived we have won 4 out of 9 games (4 out of 8 PL games). Under the former manager we had won 4 out of 13 games (3 out of 11 PL games).

Under Gerrard we have 1.5 points per game. Under last manager we had 0.9 points per game.

So obviously it’s been better. 

There is also a feeling that Gerrard knows what needs to be done to raise our performance by a few levels. Under last guy I felt mid table was his best level and always a risk of slipping below that.

I do think it’s going to take a bit of time though before we can confidently expect to be thumping teams.

Easier to have a moan about Gerrard.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Easier to have a moan about Gerrard.

You're going to have to get used to that. Gerard said himself on appointment he knows he isn't popular with villa fans.

He will have to work so much harder to win fans over. We've only beaten Norwich recently. And have by Stevie G admission struggled at both end of the pitch. 

Therefore it's reasonable imo to state we don't look like handing a good thumping anytime soon.

If you can’t see what Gerrard is doing, get very excited about it and get right behind the team, then I’m not sure why you are supporting Villa. This is potentially the most exciting period in our last twenty years. We are really lucky to have Gerrard as manager. We have Coutinho on our bench ffs! Coutinho!!!

54 minutes ago, hippo said:

You're going to have to get used to that. Gerard said himself on appointment he knows he isn't popular with villa fans.

He will have to work so much harder to win fans over. We've only beaten Norwich recently. And have by Stevie G admission struggled at both end of the pitch. 

Therefore it's reasonable imo to state we don't look like handing a good thumping anytime soon.

I guess it depends what his priorities are: "winning the fans over", or achieving better results and the objectives agreed with the NSWE board. I'm thinking he will go for the latter and not fuss too much if some fans decline to be "won over".

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I guess it depends what his priorities are: "winning the fans over", or achieving better results and the objectives agreed with the NSWE board. I'm thinking he will go for the latter and not fuss too much if some fans decline to be "won over".

Agreed.

If he wins games it all comes together. (If) 

Â