Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

On 12/01/2022 at 15:55, gwi1890 said:

Be interesting to see how things pan out over the next 4 years, the constant links to Liverpool will always be there,  biggest difference between us and Liverpool is the spending power, us under NSWE will always outspend Liverpool,  what does that Liverpool squad look like in 4 years? It’s going to be a very difficult task following Klopp with a 34 year old Salah, Mane,?VVD and plenty more will be past their prime by then. IF we are in a decent position and are really pushing and that the Liverpool job comes available and looks like a big rebuilding job does he go there?

Let’s not pretend we will be anywhere near Liverpool in 4 years. They out-everything us. And yes Gerrard would go there even if Liverpool are relegated.

Ive said it before but the whole Gerrard to Liverpool thing is pointless to worry about. We could have quite literally any manager and if Liverpool wanted them, they would leave. 

On 12/01/2022 at 23:55, gwi1890 said:

Be interesting to see how things pan out over the next 4 years, the constant links to Liverpool will always be there,  biggest difference between us and Liverpool is the spending power, us under NSWE will always outspend Liverpool,  what does that Liverpool squad look like in 4 years? It’s going to be a very difficult task following Klopp with a 34 year old Salah, Mane,?VVD and plenty more will be past their prime by then. IF we are in a decent position and are really pushing and that the Liverpool job comes available and looks like a big rebuilding job does he go there?

We’re spending because our wage bill is low and the financial structure is helping us. Once we get it wrong we’ll not keep outspending clubs. Liverpool have just bought players such as Jota 45m, which we haven’t got any before. Newcastle if they survived this season will be a threat.  West Ham are on the line, once they got it wrong they’ll go in the same way as Everton. 
Thats why we need to be careful, improve while have backup plans. We need Europe but we can’t gamble and fade away. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's a great talker in the media. I can imagine he's pretty inspiring to listen to as a player whether you've signed for Villa yet or not.

Looking forward to seeing us improve.

Feels like by the end of Jan they'll be no room left for excuses. His own mantra of course.

Really I think he comes across as pretty bland in the media.

On 13/01/2022 at 05:51, Tomaszk said:

He's a great talker in the media. I can imagine he's pretty inspiring to listen to as a player whether you've signed for Villa yet or not.

Looking forward to seeing us improve.

Feels like by the end of Jan they'll be no room left for excuses. His own mantra of course.

Yeah same page. He comes across well and has elevated us in terms of signings. But at this point we aren’t seeing the step up on the field that people were predicting - still just sitting lower midtable, winning some games we should lose but losing some games we should win - hopefully after the next few games that has changed. We need wins not excuses. As you say I think that’s very much his own mantra. All that said I don’t think we are in any danger of dropping which was my worry with the gamble of hiring him so we are in a nice place to see how things can potentially improve.

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

From that presser

“Young Jaden Philogene-Bidace has been offloaded for a few days, he’s got a tight pelvis area, so we’ve come off him for a few days. He’ll be back in training on Monday, all being well.

Kenneth Williams Leespoons GIF - Kenneth Williams Leespoons Ooh Matron GIFs

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who’s the one but last Journalist with the Brummie accent? Gerrard seems to like him a lot.

Yeah I've noticed that from previous press conferences (I've watched them all).

They seem to have some mutual respect and/or Gerrard just likes him as he represents the local media and not the nationals?

Sorry, I don't know who he is though.

I'm really starting to lose patience with pressers in general; they ask the most asinine questions going. 'Are you happy that you've signed two really good players?' 'Does playing with better players make a player better?' 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm really starting to lose patience with pressers in general; they ask the most asinine questions going. 'Are you happy that you've signed two really good players?' 'Does playing with better players make a player better?' 

Yeah I long since stopped caring. The "journalists" asks the same meaningless safe questions every time and most of the managers are so media trained that they just spout the same platitudes and rehearsed answers.

You might catch them out if something major has happened but 9 times out of 10 you wouldn't even know which game they were discussing.

Â