Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Can see him settling with a youth team job at Liverpool.

Even when our manager he was desperate to go see Liverpool every time he got the opportunity.

No chance Klopp lets him in the door. That's just causing yourself a problem. 

If he wishes to continue his journey as a manager I think he will get a job either in the Prem, Championship, or in the top flight of one of the European Leagues, Whether he would make a success of it is a different matter but I feel that plenty will give him another chance.

It's actually crossed my mind that if small heath were to lose Eustace it wouldn't surprise me if they tried for Gerrard, kind of big name their owners would be attracted to, in fact I'm pretty sure they already tried to bring him in as manger once before.

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Someone told me today he apparently ended up having a fight with one of the players?  Sounds like bollox surely

It does sound like bollocks but I also heard that the Australia trip was a pretty moody affair with various fallouts including, randomly,  Cash and Kamara. 

27 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It does sound like bollocks but I also heard that the Australia trip was a pretty moody affair with various fallouts including, randomly,  Cash and Kamara. 

But, but, they all patted koalas together. How could it all go spectacularly wrong. 😀

13 hours ago, Adman said:

Someone told me today he apparently ended up having a fight with one of the players?  Sounds like bollox surely

I can hear that calling in the air tonight... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Cash and Kamara fell out with each other? Or with Steven?

I think it's possible that a  championship club might appoint him in the hope that he could do a similar job to what Lampard did at Derby and maybe benefit with loan players from Liverpool as Derby benefitted with loan players from Chelsea.

Championship is not a great standard Gerrard with a decent assistant and some talented youngsters from Liverpool might not be a bad move for some clubs, and if he could get a team like say Stoke or Sunderland challenging for play-offs might do his managerial reputation some good as it did with Lampard whilst at Derby Count, even though Lampard didn't do much better with Derby than Rowett had done the season before minus the likes of Wilson, Tomori, and Mount.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I think it's possible that a  championship club might appoint him in the hope that he could do a similar job to what Lampard did at Derby and maybe benefit with loan players from Liverpool as Derby benefitted with loan players from Chelsea.

Championship is not a great standard Gerrard with a decent assistant and some talented youngsters from Liverpool might not be a bad move for some clubs, and if he could get a team like say Stoke or Sunderland challenging for play-offs might do his managerial reputation some good as it did with Lampard whilst at Derby Count, even though Lampard didn't do much better with Derby than Rowett had done the season before minus the likes of Wilson, Tomori, and Mount.

Fail to get promoted then face administration? 

I covered the failing to get promotion when I said that Lampard didn't do any better than Rowett, them going into Admin wasn't Lampard's fault, if a club was to appoint Steven Gerrard they would have to make sure they can afford it or that it's worth risk of him failing in some way.

Â