Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think I need to step away from VT for a bit because I’m not sure I could cope if somebody comes on and defends Gerrard.  I know someone will but I don’t want to see it now….

Ah I can't wait.

Been great for cheering me up after more shit. Always the same faces as well, they were great comedy under Smith.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're had bad managers before, and we've been worse as a team, we've looked just as disorganised, just as hapless and just as lost.

But I don't think we've ever had a manager be this bad with players this good.

Yep.

The longer we waste time, the higher the chance something really dangerous like relegation could actually happen.

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

@jim and @TRO ?

Jim delivered perfectly. Sadly more not joined him. Hopefully they'll be along soon.

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bardell says fans of other teams are telling him that we are the worst team to watch 😳

You didn't need Bardell to tell you this surely? You've seen us this season. 

I watched Plymouth v Ipswich a week or so ago. Top of league 1. Both sides better coached and organised than us. Really enjoyable match.

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

3 holidays I've had since this season started and this buffoon has managed to shit on each one. Bournemouth for first game, crystal Palace and now this.

This is now the reason I won't watch us in a bar abroad, we are utter shit under the filthy scouser and I would be in an even worse mood in public.

Gtfo of my club as I'm on holiday in Jan and Feb and I'm not havibg those ruined by your turgid clueless rubbish.

A man of leisure right here folks 

7 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

We’re stuck in that void of knowing there’s no sustainable future for him at Villa, but him just picking up enough points to keep him in the job by the skin of his teeth. We’ll be narrowly beaten by Chelsea on Sunday in what Gerrard and his pundit mates will construe as a ‘moral victory’.

I think losing to Chelsea is inevitable and he'll be sacked then.

At that point his mates in the press can't defend him or accuse us of acting too quickly.  He'll have less points from 10 games as Smith did at the point he was sacked.. We can reiterate the lack of progress we made after Smith was sacked.  There can be no arguments or accusations it makes no sense to get rid. 

Hopefully we're talking to Poch right now. 

• Like 1

I really wanted Gerrard when he was first hinted at coming, as I thought he would take us to the next level. Although young, I honestly thought also that he’d be capable of boxing with the big boys. He would bring much needed energy and most of all, a name that everybody knew around the world.

However, he’s been nothing short of a disaster. The squad look totally devoid of confidence and ideas. Last night we were scared and playing not to lose, rather than gunning for a win.  The coaching set up is an absolute farce to go with this. Does Danks even exist? This cannot go on much longer.

The “Continuous Improvement” line is looking more laughable day by day and we’re sleepwalking into a relegation fight again. It really is poor and we’re a boring watch it’s sad to say.  “It’s on me” is wearing thin now and when you start blaming players, you’re slowly heading for the door.

Fed up fan today. UTV

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, picicata said:

You have a lot of holidays.. are you my MP?

No they backed up during lock down and I have family who live in cyprus so go there a couple times per year for just the airfare, good when they live near aiya nappa, bad when we play under the king of the gypsies.

9 minutes ago, picicata said:

Try and keep it tight, hope someone on the pitch does something special.

Carragher basically said before the game that this was Gerrards managerial style and that he had learned from Houllier and Benitez. Defence first and then your individuals will provide you with moments of magic. He actually said this as if it was a positive in this day and age. 

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

God I just realised that once this is over and he’s just a pundit we will have to listen to 15 years of him implying he had all the answers and our players just couldn’t absorb his wisdom. Still, totally worth it.

But on the bright side at least we'll be able to laugh at that terrible comedian doing that "yeeeeeaaaaahh 'course' routine. Well, at least watch it without tutting. 

Likely we will lose to Chelsea, if, by some miracle we can get him out and a new manager in by then it will be a free hit, if not, hopefully it will spell the end. I think we all need putting out of our misery. Fans, players, Gerrard. And that waste of space Mcphee can go too.

Get some proper experienced people in who know what they're doing. 

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Carragher basically said before the game that this was Gerrards managerial style and that he had learned from Houllier and Benitez. Defence first and then your individuals will provide you with moments of magic. He actually said this as if it was a positive in this day and age. 

I've been thinking about this. Someone going into the manager job will obviously use things he's picked up during the playing career. Gerrard stayed at Liverpool his whole career and it wasn't exactly a modern and progressive club at the time. Houllier, Benitez, Hodgson and Dalglish managed Gerrard when he was 18-32 years.

Maybe that's why he comes across as conservative, rigid and old-school.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

In the pre-match build up on Sky, Carragher explained Gerrard’s as a manager.

His inspiration as a manager comes from Houllier and Benitez.

The philosophy is to keep a narrow and tight shape, that prevent conceding goals. And then give the ball to the forward players and hope they do something with it. I guess that was ok for Benitez that had Gerrard and Torres in the team.

In other words there is no hope with Gerrard, unless we sign some word class attacking players. Not sure if that even helps, because modern football have moved on, and ideas from 20 years ago, do no longer work. Good modern coatches do train players in how to attack.

On 27/07/2022 at 11:58, Zatman said:

Relegation battle here we come

Huge credit. I couldn't believe we'd be this bad.

I didn't think it was possible with the money spent. Didn't think he was this bad.

I do rate Critchley as well. I think he's been told to try and coach this shit shape that will never work in the PL. Can't be done.

Gerrard is done once we do sack him. It was difficult to fail here and he has.

So so bad.

Usually when we talk about replacing a manager, the question is always “well who is better out there?” Well when you look at it from today.. there a lot of very good managers currently on the sidelines, this is the ideal time to not only replace him but actually replace him with far better credentials.

I knew this wouldn't work from the first day I heard he was seriously linked with us. My eldest lad text me & my reply was 'I hope you're are joking'. 

Fast forward nearly a year and Gerrard has achieved one thing for me on a personal level - he is the Villa manager, during my 30+ years supporting this great club, that I despise the most. 

Last night alone wound me up so much. Cameron Archer. The same lad, who has barely been offered a chance to kick a ball all season, gets lobbed on in a desperate attempt to scab a victory. How, as a manager, can you even think that would work? He's not even had 10mins here or there, it was as blatant as turning round and saying 'well, I've tried everything else, sod it, on you go'. 

I can only hope one of the owners, if not both, have seen enough and are acting behind the scenes. The good vibe around this club has been destroyed by one idiot and we are a laughing stock right now. 

• Like 1

Â