Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They will give him chelsea game and there is no chance in hell we are winning that or even getting anything 

Villa park is going to get toxic on sunday and that eill be end of him

It was just a bad choice from the get go - There is absolutely no connection between Gerrard and us, other than a massive pay check.

I knew from the moment he walked through the door - this would end badly. Rookie manager, no identity or affiliation to us ( and I have always believed this is something we would prefer in our managers) how could it have gone differently.

He might still come good in his career, but Villa park is not the place to be learning on the job.

He should have gone to a championship bottom half club and see if he could build a reputation first.

Got to go - the expensive project has failed 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

His media mates will protect him and villa will be to blame for not backing him if Purslow grows some balls and actually fires the fraud

I'm not sure, the rent a gobs like Murphy will but I had Tyler last night on my commentary and he was as politely as possible trying to say how bad we were, not just last night but in general, carragher has done it twice already this season, not sure who was on sky's commentary last night and what was said, we've stunk out a TV game twice in 8 days, people can see it, it's so bad that they can't put flowers on it

Conversely of he stays I think a rent a gob will go after him this week, maybe Souness

NSWE have been patient - you can understand why they want to give their recent investment time to flourish - they are not knee jerk people. But there are still no green shoots here - they must be nearly satisfied the Gerard project is not going to grow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure, the rent a gobs like Murphy will but I had Tyler last night on my commentary and he was as politely as possible trying to say how bad we were, not just last night but in general, carragher has done it twice already this season, not sure who was on sky's commentary last night and what was said, we've stunk out a TV game twice in 8 days, people can see it, it's so bad that they can't put flowers on it

Conversely of he stays I think a rent a gob will go after him this week, maybe Souness

Keane and Carragher post match focused totally on the inadequacies of the players, not even a hint of managerial responsibility. It’s all Coutinhos fault apparently.

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

It was just a bad choice from the get go - There is absolutely no connection between Gerrard and us, other than a massive pay check.

I knew from the moment he walked through the door - this would end badly. Rookie manager, no identity or affiliation to us ( and I have always believed this is something we would prefer in our managers) how could it have gone differently.

He might still come good in his career, but Villa park is not the place to be learning on the job.

He should have gone to a championship bottom half club and see if he could build a reputation first.

I had my doubts massive doubts when he was appointed but he started well gave the talk and boughy in some high profile players so i thought maybe i could be wrong.

But eventually we all saw through it and could see his inexperience. Its just got worse and worse.  Even his mates cant defend him. **** 16th??? With this squad struggling for goals? Wtakins fir was a beast under smith. Ings has scored goals wherever he has been. And we we have one of the most exciting young strikers yet we looks as dabgerous as a retirement home for the elderly 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

While I agree with you in general -- if Gerrard had done like Beale did and taken over a club like QPR, he would have crashed and burned. At a big Premier League club like Villa at least he's surrounded by dozens of assistants who can help with the practical things. Gerrard could never manage a club on his own, at least not at this point in his learning curve. 

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Keane and Carragher post match focused totally on the inadequacies of the players, not even a hint of managerial responsibility. It’s all Coutinhos fault apparently.

I think I also heard them saying that non of the attacking players was bought in by Gerrard, and then in the next breath they were slagging of Coutinho.

Keane was saying that if our attacking players don’t figure out how to break down teams on their own, Gerrard should replace them in the January window.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Only Wolves have scored fewer goals than us and Everton and Wolves have had fewer goal involvements per game than us this season

You know you were one of the few people who was critical at the start of when gerrard was appointed and you were right. 

He has been a lot worse than i thought he would be. Atrocious 

Not a bad guy just way out of his depth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I think I also heard them saying that non of the attacking players was bought in by Gerrard, and then in the next breath they were slagging of Coutinho.

Keane was saying that if our attacking players don’t figure out how to break down teams on their own, Gerrard should replace them in the January window.

Yeah, Keane is a **** idiot.

You could put Haaland in our team and we would continue to struggle to score goals because our team clearly haven't been coached in attacking play. That is on Gerrard.

Gerrard and Bruce maybe a generation apart in terms of playing but they are both cut from the same cloth in terms of their management Try and keep it tight, hope someone on the pitch does something special.

3 holidays I've had since this season started and this buffoon has managed to shit on each one. Bournemouth for first game, crystal Palace and now this.

This is now the reason I won't watch us in a bar abroad, we are utter shit under the filthy scouser and I would be in an even worse mood in public.

Gtfo of my club as I'm on holiday in Jan and Feb and I'm not havibg those ruined by your turgid clueless rubbish.

Â