Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Got a tough run coming up.  He'll be gone by the end of it.  By which time we'll be in the relegation zone and won't be able to attract any manager worth his salt. 

Shame the owners and Purslow don't have the balls to admit they made a mistake. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

Yep - which is where we are heading with him. I still think until it becomes more distinctly clear that we are in trouble, they will want to avoid the cost of changing manager. But then will it be too late to stop the slide? That is where the owners need to have good judgement. Certainly Edens has proved himself ruthless in the past with the Bucks - I hope a similar approach is taken at Villa Park.

They were ruthless with Smith so fingers crossed

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Proven BS account - ignore.

I completely agree it’s a BS account and their info is fake but the actual feeling wouldn’t surprise me to be honest.  He should be gone but I think we won’t hear anything unfortunately. I’m praying I’m wrong!

Edited by nick76

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I completely agree it’s a BS account and their info is fake but the actual feeling wouldn’t surprise me to be honest.  He should be gone but I think we won’t hear anything unfortunately 

My feeling is that NSWE don't indulge in the whole, one or two more games to prove yourself philosophy - my take is that at the start they promised SG everything he needed in order to succeed, and that SG hasn't kept to his part of that deal. When the guillotine falls I imagine it'll be because the right man to take over has set a date.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

It is the middle of the night in Milwaukee. Hopefully this will change during the day.

Villamole1 is a notorious BS stirrer - often deletes tweets to make it look like they are an oracle. 

I saw someone say it last night here and I’m with them on this, we all know what Gerrard is at this point so there’s no point getting worked up over him at this point, we know he’s not up to task. However every game he continues to be in our dugout, makes me question the board a bit more. Crazy me saying this, when around 6 months ago I would never really question them. I suppose it’s more about this Gerrard appointment and how it seems like they are giving him a longer leash than normal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

My feeling is that NSWE don't indulge in the whole, one or two more games to prove yourself philosophy - my take is that at the start they promised SG everything he needed in order to succeed, and that SG hasn't kept to his part of that deal. When the guillotine falls I imagine it'll be because the right man to take over has set a date.

I agree, it’s what I’ve been saying for weeks.  A particular game won’t make a difference but a material period of games both results and performances, and he isn’t doing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Huge credit. I couldn't believe we'd be this bad.

I didn't think it was possible with the money spent. Didn't think he was this bad.

I do rate Critchley as well. I think he's been told to try and coach this shit shape that will never work in the PL. Can't be done.

Gerrard is done once we do sack him. It was difficult to fail here and he has.

So so bad.

The pre season was a huge red flag. It wasnt just on fitness we needed to show something was developing in terms of pattern and style.

Guy is a con artist and shoulf have really been sacked at the end of last season

• Like 1

The ruthlessness that saw Smith go after his poor run of five defeats was almost certainly driven by Purslow, who clearly wanted his bessie mate in.  He won't apply the same to Gerrard unless he feels his own position is under threat if he doesn't do something (and it should be). 

American sports owners are generally pretty ruthless and you would think more so in Football where you have the jeopardy of relegation and the financial shitstorm that entails.  I would hope and think NSWE are talking to alternatives for Gerrard and possible Purslow as well.   If they aren't, we could be well and truly buggered by the time the penny drops.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I meant give someone like gmac or a new guy a free hit!

Gerrards got to go today

He would first person gone with him. Has been here twice as assistant and twice club has been a mess.

Â