Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He really should have been quietly sacked at the end of last season. Was nothing at all to show he could improve us

It's the type of thing Daniel Levy would have done. Our CEO is not ruthless enough, except of course when it's Dean Smith and he's trying to get his mate in the door.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

The tactics are incredibly poor, yes.

I also think a lot of the players see right through him, and their motivation is dwindling.

This. Most of the players have had other, better managers before. Gerrard’s like a geography teacher who can’t find China on the map. It’s all very embarrassing but no-one is allowed to giggle.

• Like 1

Just now, jim said:

Yep, unbeaten in 4 with an injury ravaged team.2 points outside the top ten.

Forest parked the bus and caused us no issues. Our front players were garbage. He needs to find a way to turn the chances into goals! 

Onwards and upwards!

the satire is hilarious. 

Cant remember you being as supportive towards the last manager who actually improved us

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Forest parked the bus and caused us no issues. Our front players were garbage. He needs to find a way to turn the chances into goals! 

Onwards and upwards!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

This. Most of the players have had other, better managers before. Gerrard’s like a geography teacher who can’t find China on the map. It’s all very embarrassing but no-one is allowed to giggle.

I don't mean just seeing right through him regarding how clueless he is either.

I also think they know he's the type to desperately blame everyone but himself.

Edited by Tom13

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Onwards and upwards!

I think you're leaning into it for a laugh, but I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If he is not sacked and Chelsea beat us on the weekend it is going to be a very nasty or empty Villa Park at full time

I can see us getting a real beating from them. 

There were a number of times today where Forest had half chances where you just know a better team would have capitalised.  And none of our half chances would be created against a better team so our XG is going to be far far lower. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

3rd from bottom in the xG table but just need to turn those chances into goals.

**** me.

Just let it go, there’s no reasoning there. I’ve come to accept there’s no point, it isn’t a debate anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ender In The Sky said:

I’m a glass half full kinda guy. Unbeaten in 4, upward trajectory. Not a great performance granted but still points on the board. More positives than negatives surely 

It was Nottingham forest who have conceeded 14 in the last 4, an we hardly had a shot shot on target against them FFS!!

How do you think we are going to do against a good team??

6 minutes ago, jim said:

Onwards and upwards!

Come on TRO, leave this nerd’s little club and join the cool kids over in Gerrard Out camp!

• Haha 3

Â