Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think it would be good for anyone for him to lead the team out at Villa Park on Sunday.

I include Steven Gerrard in that, I've said it before, but this is the first time in football he's failed. Since he was 13 or 14, he's been a brilliant player, a captain, an international, a European Cup winner, Champion at Rangers, twenty odd years of pretty much consistent success - he looks like he hasn't got a clue how to deal with failure and I'm not sure he'll ever quite recover.

He's certainly had his failures...he never won the PL as a player and he's known as "slippy" for a reason...but he's never been a total failure like this. He does look broken.

Edited by TomC

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m worried tomorrow he’ll be doing the Brentford pre-game presser saying the same rubbish.  I keep thinking he’s going but he’s still here…

He's turned into Micheal F****** Myers?! That explains how he's managed to murder the club. 

11 minutes ago, Deano'sLob said:

Leaving my wife, kids, dogs, home, then a painful divorce was less painful than watching villa under Gerrard

I'd rather have a vasectomy again with a rusty knife - then be kicked in the nuts repeatedly by a horse than watch any more of this shite

Just now, useless said:

Yes, if he's still Villa manager this time tomorrow, then he gets the Brentford game, then who knows what happens, a result against Brentford and he might get the Newcastle game as well.

Purslow needs sacking immediately if he intends to give him another game. Enough is enough.

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Arteta turned it around though so surely Garrard will too,right? 

After all they are the same person. 

Not only that but a guy a couple of streets away from me won the lottery last weekend. 

I've already maxed out my credit card because I'm bound to be next. 

Exciting times. 

• Haha 3

The club should have put Gerrard out of his and our misery a month ago, but didn’t have the bottle because it was Gerrard.

Should never have been appointed and should never have gone on for this long and now has put the club in jeopardy of relegation.

What decent manager would even want to touch the club now?

• Like 1

Â