The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Everyone moans about our midfield and the lack of strength in it. Gerrard probably one of the best box to box Midfields the Premier League has seen.  Doesn’t make him a top manager but he definitely knows that position! 

If we’ve got a time machine then by all means get him in as a box to box midfielder. If we’ve sacked Smith to bring in Gerrard then I worry for the future of the club. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Whoever it is I suspect it’ll be underwhelming. Newcastle and a blank cheque struggled.

To be fair Newcastle are 6 points from safety (with their awful goal difference) whereas for all that we are in trouble at the moment a 6 point swing puts us in 9th above Spurs.  So whilst we are in trouble and in a really poor run of form - a manager confident in their own ability is looking a lot further up the league table than Newcastle at the moment.  But more importantly - I don't think ours is a 7 month gig. 

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Eric Black, has to be the worst, utter turd

God, that's a name I hadn't thought about in a long time. What a word removed that man was.

This club was a festering wound oozing pus for years. It's not all on Smith, the new owners, Purslow, I'm sure they've all played their part, but Dean certainly did his fair share to help us exorcise some of these demons.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Only if you will wobble yours at the same time for calling the Danish national coach a nonentity.

Hardly a CV worth looking at. What has he achieved at club level in any of the top European leagues?

PS. I actually called him a nobody.

Edited by pacbuddies

Just now, briny_ear said:

Only if you will wobble yours at the same time for calling the Danish national coach a nonentity.

I think appointing a manager based on performances with an international team would be bizarre. It’s a completely different job to managing a club.

I have no idea who the manager of Denmark is though so wouldn’t really be able to comment on his career to date. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It's such a big decision this. For it to make any sense at all, they have to get it right. 

I'm nervous. 

It can hardly get any worse.

Lost 5 games in a row, leaking goals for fun and barely creating any chances.

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Pretty sure the days of drifting into training at midday are over. Maybe the players should've tried slightly harder over the last 5 games if they valued such treatment.

Depends who gets the job I guess. As much as people wanted to slate Smith for starting training later I highly doubt he’s the only manager in the world that holds training sessions later in the day.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

I think appointing a manager based on performances with an international team would be bizarre. It’s a completely different job to managing a club.

I have no idea who the manager of Denmark is though so wouldn’t really be able to comment on his career to date. 

He will be a coach not a manager

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Depends who gets the job I guess. As much as people wanted to slate Smith for starting training later I highly doubt he’s the only manager in the world that holds training sessions later in the day.

Agreed. I never had a problem with it, and it only seemed to surface on here when we went on this run,, completely ignoring season after season of success with the same regime.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Agreed. I never had a problem with it, and it only seemed to surface on here when we went on this run,, completely ignoring season after season of success with the same regime.

It’s ‘Old man yells at cloud’ shit

• Like 2