Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If we finish below this Leeds we get relegated, simple as.

Can't be losing to them in under two weeks.

They are chaotic. Which is always a worry because you never know what you are going to get from them. Very difficult game. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

They are chaotic. Which is always a worry because you never know what you are going to get from them. Very difficult game. 

They’ll raise it for us as well - under the lights in what has become a bit like a derby game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If we finish below this Leeds we get relegated, simple as.

Can't be losing to them in under two weeks.

Think they’ll sack Bielsa in the next few days and then keep plummeting, hopefully not bother the division again for a few years. They’ll still turn up against us and run themselves into the ground - we have become a huge grudge game for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

We just need to play like today. As said elsewhere full backs were full backs for first time in weeks and CMs first priority was to sit infront of the defence.

Bielsa less Leeds were likely be more conservative as a draw or two probably isn't that bad for them in short term so I think it will be completely different to the VP game and be low scoring this time.

If we can follow up today with a win v Southampton then we'll go into it full of confidence and point would be o.k.

10 hours ago, Tayls said:

I’d much rather play them at Elland Road than Villa park. They seem to turn in prime 70’s Brazil at Villa park for some odd reason! 

Leeds as a team, are baffling. I think they’ll stay up and Brentford will be the ones to drop along with Norwich and Watford. 

I’d love us to go after Phillips in the Summer if the price were right. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think they’ll stay up and Brentford will be the ones to drop along with Norwich and Watford.

even after they beat us i said this. they're absolutely terrible and are right in it. terrible goal difference and played more games than their relegation rivals

love for either everton or leeds to go down instead of them though. watford definitely gone, still hoping for a deano masterclass

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

even after they beat us i said this. they're absolutely terrible and are right in it. terrible goal difference and played more games than their relegation rivals

love for either everton or leeds to go down instead of them though. watford definitely gone, still hoping for a deano masterclass

It's funny with Everton, it feels like we should want them to go down because they usually compete with us for league places, but we seem to take so many points off them each season. Our last 6 league results v Brentford and Everton must be night and day.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's funny with Everton, it feels like we should want them to go down because they usually compete with us for league places, but we seem to take so many points off them each season. Our last 6 league results v Brentford and Everton must be night and day.

It’s 3 points v Brentford over 6 games. That increases to a mighty 4 points over 8 games, going back to 2016. We’ve lost every time we’ve gone away to them and drawn every home game since then.

And it’s 14 points v Everton over the previous 6 games (4W, 2D). 

Likewise, part of me wants Everton to stay up as we have a really good recent record over them, ditto Norwich.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I've just looked at the run in, we seriously need to try and take maximum points from Southampton and Leeds if we can, so we can relax.

The 6 - 8 fixtures after that are quite brutal and we could end up looking in the wrong direction if we don't.

Not saying we can't pick up points against some of those opponents, but i'd prefer we didn't need to, for my sanity and heart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've just looked at the run in, we seriously need to try and take maximum points from Southampton and Leeds if we can, so we can relax.

The 6 - 8 fixtures after that are quite brutal and we could end up looking in the wrong direction if we don't.

Not saying we can't pick up points against some of those opponents, but i'd prefer we didn't need to, for my sanity and heart.

2 more wins is historically safe. 40pts is a myth

• Like 4