Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Just now, TomC said:

Are Villa supporters too harsh? The Guardian's minute-by-minute report at halftime: "Peep peep! West Ham lead after an entertaining first half at Villa Park. There hasn’t been a huge amount in it, but West Ham have been a peedie bit more relaxed, confident and willing to take risks." A very different read...

a paper isnt always right, anyone who watched that half and thinks we were good, or that it was even an acceptable performance, needs their eyes checking.

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Are Villa supporters too harsh? The Guardian's minute-by-minute report at halftime: "Peep peep! West Ham lead after an entertaining first half at Villa Park. There hasn’t been a huge amount in it, but West Ham have been a peedie bit more relaxed, confident and willing to take risks." A very different read...

I don’t think we’re as bad as VT says. We’re very much still in this.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he has, but on the whole, the whole team has been dire for weeks, so is it that they are all bad players or something else?!!?

He could also be frustrated.

Many a time i've seen him wide open, screaming for the ball, only for it to be passed backwards, or only given to him after he's been closed down.

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We might need to spend less time on elaborate set piece routines and more on playing through the lines. I also don't understand why we decided to drop 10 yards deeper as soon as we equalised. The 1st 10 minutes were a disgrace too but there were times when we got the ball down and showed glimpses of being a decent football team again. 

That’s never gonna happen with Nakamba and McGinn stood still in the middle.

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

It is allowed to appraise someone's performance during a game, surely? I don't hate him or dislike him. I haven't asked for him to be subbed or shot. Just making a judgement of his performance in this game so far. I think that should be allowed in a country that allows freedom of speech. 

He hasn't been fantastic out there but no worse than anyone else, and he's being played on his weaker side, so yes I think it's premature to call him out after 30 minutes of his first start. 

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

I don't feel half as distraught as half time at Arse. We're in this. Can still win. Haven't settled. 

Their goals are barely more than 0.1xG each surely. 

That doesn't really matter when it ends up in the back of the net

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We might need to spend less time on elaborate set piece routines and more on playing through the lines. I also don't understand why we decided to drop 10 yards deeper as soon as we equalised. The 1st 10 minutes were a disgrace too but there were times when we got the ball down and showed glimpses of being a decent football team again. 

That’s never gonna happen with Nakamba and McGinn stood still in the middle.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

When I read that he is our player of the season so far I just can't understand it.

His passing is championship standard. He also looks knackered after 20 mins

Too many fish taco's

• Haha 1