Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

It's frustrating as even though we have got the front line up we all have been craving, we have a weakened midfield to go with a slightly weakened defence (through choice).

So if we get destroyed by the cockney wonkers, we will be blaming those selections and not know if we could have won if Luiz and Mings were available/starting.

What has happened to Traore also?

Edited by VillanousOne

1 minute ago, jim said:

Why couldn’t we play Buendia in his correct position when Ings was fit?

Because we were playing a back 5 and trying to fit Ings and Watkins up front. 

Reverting to 4-3-3 now Ings is injured. Lets see if it pays. 

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Hause is a real worry but at least it's not the shambolic 3 5 2 nonsense dean persisted with. 

Disagree. IMO he's been far better than Mings and Tuanzebe when he's played. Deserves it 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

At least the front 3 is decent. Well perhaps not Ollie but he's just got to work hard today and see what happens.

You all tell me Buendia is god like player on the right.....so let's see what he does.

Very excited to see Bailey. He'll start flagging by hour mark so just have to hope El Ghazi can be lively when he comes on.

Sort of attacking formation people have waited all season to see anyway.

The thing is it's not a particularly attacking formation. It's a balanced formation. Hopefully we will see an improvement.

If we can score 2 goals we should win. West ham are not scoring a whole lot.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Because we were playing a back 5 and trying to fit Ings and Watkins up front. 

Reverting to 4-3-3 now Ings is injured. Lets see if it pays. 

Or Smith could have dropped his love child who has been shite for most of the season. Would have been the most logical solution, not do it because it has been forced upon us.

I must be one of the few not that surprised Mings has been dropped. I like the guy but he's been all over the shop of late. It's good to know he can't just walk into the first 11 every week. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Haven't most on here been slagging Mings for ages now

Smith drops him and suddenly there's been a fallout

Give me strength

Because it was rumoured earlier on today

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Haven't most on here been slagging Mings for ages now

Smith drops him and suddenly there's been a fallout

Give me strength

Plenty haven’t been slagging him and given that he has survived worse performances in the past, it does suggest that something has gone on behind the scenes. Although I’ve just seen Ashley Preece say he’s been removed from the firing line…maybe he’s been struggling with all the online abuse? 

1 minute ago, jim said:

Or Smith could have dropped his love child who has been shite for most of the season. Would have been the most logical solution, not do it because it has been forced upon us.

McGinns playing isn’t he?! 

• Like 2