Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

Bold move and some balls showing from Smith dropping Mings for this game. Making Mcginn captain is also a move I didn't expect. Something has to be done because Mings isn't the captain Villa needs. Someone with knowledge needs to be brought into Villa in January I think. I'm unsure Mcginn is also C material as both of them are making a cock up of things at the moment.

We will see how thins goes.

One thing I'm glad for is Bailey being on finally but will west ham throw two or three players at him all game if so it's going to tire Bailey out. Unsure about making him the man who's the go to guy with the ball all game because in late stages he could be what we need.

It's one of them I can say all the things I'm worried about like the rest but we just have to let it unfold and play out.

Come on Villa beat West ham today you got what it takes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Plenty haven’t been slagging him and given that he has survived worse performances in the past, it does suggest that something has gone on behind the scenes. Although I’ve just seen Ashley Preece say he’s been removed from the firing line…maybe he’s been struggling with all the online abuse? 

Thats very sad if true, knob heads on line need to just get a life.

4 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I must be one of the few not that surprised Mings has been dropped. I like the guy but he's been all over the shop of late. It's good to know he can't just walk into the first 11 every week. 

I wanted him dropped but i am surprised he has actually been dropped

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

It's frustrating as even though we have got the front line up we all have been craving, we have a weakened midfield to go with a slightly weakened defence (through choice).

So if we get destroyed by the cockney wonkers, we will be blaming those selections and not know if we could have won if Luiz and Mings were available/starting.

What has happened to Traore also?

Really does feel typical that as soon as we go back to 4-3-3 we get stuck with a dilemma in midfield that suddenly makes it look ropey. Even Sanson being available would have given me a bit more enthusiasm but Luiz is a killer. 

Still and all, the ability is still there to hurt them regardless, especially if Nakamba has one of his better days and JJ can put it together for a full game.

Traore was injured on international duty wasn't he? Haven't seen anything of him since.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Bold move and some balls showing from Smith dropping Mings for this game. Making Mcginn captain is also a move I didn't expect. Something has to be done because Mings isn't the captain Villa needs. Someone with knowledge needs to be brought into Villa in January I think. I'm unsure Mcginn is also C material as both of them are making a cock up of things at the moment.

We will see how thins goes.

One thing I'm glad for is Bailey being on finally but will west ham throw two or three players at him all game if so it's going to tire Bailey out. Unsure about making him the man who's the go to guy with the ball all game because in late stages he could be what we need.

It's one of them I can say all the things I'm worried about like the rest but we just have to let it unfold and play out.

Come on Villa beat West ham today you got what it takes.

You are surprised that the clubs vice captain has been named captain, because our usual captaon is on the bench?

Also, mcginn msking a cock up of things - he's been our player of the season so far!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

they look about as nervous as i feel

Why are they in the stands, does anyone know? Do you need to walk through stands to get to changing rooms? Isn’t there a door at the North Stand?