Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I kind of get the impression that perhaps almost as much as any game in the three decades I’ve been a villa fan that a sizeable proportion of our fan base would love it if we lost today. 

Not true, a loss won't make alot of difference as it is expected, Wet Spam are a difficult team to beat now. Next couple of games after though, are huge for Smith.

I seriously think if he is still struggling the board won't need our help anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You are surprised that the clubs vice captain has been named captain, because our usual captaon is on the bench?

Also, mcginn msking a cock up of things - he's been our player of the season so far!

I'm not so sure Mcginn has been our player of the season so far, that's very debatable. 

I'd say Bailey has been better given the time he's had on the pitch which says alot I think.

Tells me something and it should each and everyone of us that for a while now we've been playing half assed, which I do hope picks up now.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Targett incredibly lucky to keep his place if Deano is dropping on form. He’s been our worst player so far this season!

You'd imagine Young has been watching on wondering why he joined. I know he's on the way to retirement and was recruited to be a squad player, but if he can't force Targett out as he's been playing, is he going to get a game?

• Like 3

Just now, M_Afro said:

Targett incredibly lucky to keep his place if Deano is dropping on form. He’s been our worst player so far this season!

I’ve been willing to give him a bit of leeway as he’s clearly not a wing back, or at least not a good one!

I feel a little bit like the season starts today, it needs to anyway!

• Like 2

If the rumours are true about something going on behind the scenes involving Mings, i wonder what it was?

tbh, calling out teammates and demanding more isnt a problem, so if it is behind the scenes related, must be something more?

Or maybe its just form, but if it is, i would have dropped more than just Mings.

Well we would all make different team selections and  different formats, we see that every week that we cant agree. .

I for one am happy that Dean has made changes. fair play Dean I hope it works and IF it does can we please do it again. Fair play Dean am I now more optimistic than an hour ago

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

If the rumours are true about something going on behind the scenes involving Mings, i wonder what it was?

tbh, calling out teammates and demanding more isnt a problem, so if it is behind the scenes related, must be something more?

Or maybe its just form, but if it is, i would have dropped more than just Mings.

What are the rumours? I’ve seen nothing.