Pre-match thread

Tomaszk

Continually not having a fully fit squad is getting super frustrating...  get a couple guys back...  lose a couple of guys...  

Huge game today... really hoping Buendia and Bailey come good and create magic with Ollie.  Looking for JJ to continue to establish himself and I'm hoping Carney is the first sub off the bench for Marvelous.

15 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I kind of get the impression that perhaps almost as much as any game in the three decades I’ve been a villa fan that a sizeable proportion of our fan base would love it if we lost today. 

I wouldn't go that far. No matter their opinions, they still want the Villa to win.

I get the sentiment though. 

18 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I kind of get the impression that perhaps almost as much as any game in the three decades I’ve been a villa fan that a sizeable proportion of our fan base would love it if we lost today. 

There will be plenty with all the answers if we do.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

The irony is....Man U switched to it and got a 0-3 win....We have had 2 good wins with it, home and away.

Is it really the system?.....just asking.

I have to say, I hope he changes it, just to shake things up and as your say, I think it could get toxic, if he doesn't....but Dean himself seems to think its not the system.

I am just asking if we are barking up the wrong tree.

I'm a firm believer that you should set up a system to exploit the opposition. That means not sticking with the same formation week in week out. Maybe Smith hasn't chosen the right one in some games, but he did say that he was stuck with the same formation for the last 5 games due to injuries.

You would hope he mixes it up depending on the opposition when everyone is fit. 

• Like 2