Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Behave. It was a penalty. Lacazette played for it but Targett was daft enough to fall for it. He’s been shocking

No way in a million years any ref anywhere would blow up the split second the penalty was taken

we've been terrible. One of the worst halves I’ve seen from us. We deserve to be 5 down let alone 2. 

All on Smith. Very clear that this formation didn’t work against Wolves and very clear after 15 mins it wasn’t working here

Im a big supporter of Smith but unless he learns quickly he can **** off for me

• Like 3

When something has gone wrong Mcginn is at the centre of it all.

No way was it a penalty and what the he'll are they doing allowing a rebound on it when it should be half time a d whistle blown.

What is wrong with this game now its all just so messed up, this game has me pissed off so bad.

Have had enough because our players are playing absolutely wank lately and they need sorting out. Against Arsenal though who for last games we've played them we've shown them who's boss and now the shit VAR is back to haunt us along with players showing up to not play football but actually throw a spanner in works.

Not sure I even want to watch the second half ffs someone shoot me dead please lol

• Thanks 1

Just now, blunther said:

Now we deserve to be two down. But the ref blew for half time. VAR gave the pen. Surely the pen is it and the whistle goes once the pen is saved. Where did the extra few seconds come from?

He was playing on whilst waiting for VAR to finish checking. Then he blew to check the screen, not half time. Saw it coming all along. 

Would have been interesting if VAR checked it and didn’t give a penalty but Arsenal scored in the extra time added. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Need to go 4-3-3. Axel, Targett (worst performance I have ever seen) and Ollie off. Young to left back. Bailey left forward. Ramsey into midfield and Emi right forward. 
I am done with Smith. Love the man but I love my dad and he would also be a rubbish manager.

Your Dad hasn't got a promotion and a cup final on his CV at the club mind. 

I know Ive been accused of being a glass half empty man but:-

Anyone we bring on will have been coached by the same methods that this 11 have.

Even if we somehow got back in the game - I couldn't see us keeping a pressing arsenal out

Sure the penalty was a shit show - but we deserve to be 2-0 down 

PS: Whatever happened to Johan Lange and his strategic recruitment ?  Sanson, Ings, Buendia young, - wheres the strategy there 

That was a shambles. I really hope Smith comes under massive pressure after this game, he doesn't have a clue and picks this awful formation every week. 

The game has finished now IMO and it will be three defeats in a row. Hope he gets sacked, useless. I haven't seen us play this badly since Alex McLeish was manager. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Targett gets his toe on the ball

But for me the telling thing is lacazette sees he's not getting the ball, takes half a step forward then falls over 

His fall is a dive, its not natural movement reacting to any contact 

totally agre , it is a dive

• Like 2