Josh Feeney

sir_gary_cahill

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If Feeney is going to be in and around the first team this season, it would mean 6 possible central defenders in or around the first team/bench (Carlos, Chambers, Mings, Konsa, Hause, Feeney).

We seriously need to offload at least 1.

Gotta say i was super impressed with his cameo against Rennes, looked very composed on the ball for such a young man.

Think Hause will be off 

Many CBs don't reach their peak ability until their late twenties and yet 17 year old Feeney is being kept with a Premier League first team with a genuine chance of making some first team league or cup appearances. Most of us only know of his very confident performances in this summer's preseason games but the club must have huge plans for his short and medium term potential. If Feeney's potential doesn't plateau in the next couple of seasons, he could be a 'top 6' defender for years, ideally at Villa!

• Like 3

On 05/07/2022 at 12:38, MWARLEY2 said:

Bloody hell. Thats a fruit bowl haircut if ever i saw one. At least he can now afford a barber with his new contract

plus fringe benefits.....

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

If Feeney is going to be in and around the first team this season, it would mean 6 possible central defenders in or around the first team/bench (Carlos, Chambers, Mings, Konsa, Hause, Feeney).

We seriously need to offload at least 1.

Gotta say i was super impressed with his cameo against Rennes, looked very composed on the ball for such a young man.

It doesn't make any difference to squad size, players under 21 don't count in the 25 players you name as your squad. 

So having 5 or 6 talented under 21s in the 1st team squad is ideal

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

It doesn't make any difference to squad size, players under 21 don't count in the 25 players you name as your squad. 

So having 5 or 6 talented under 21s in the 1st team squad is ideal

Don't think he means in terms of the 25 players rule. Think he just means it's silly to have 6 players for two positions in the team, and he's right.

Hause is never going to play even when fit. His new deal in Jan seems very weird when we were on the verge of getting Chambers and must've known Feeney might get a look in come the summer

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Don't think he means in terms of the 25 players rule. Think he just means it's silly to have 6 players for two positions in the team, and he's right.

Hause is never going to play even when fit. His new deal in Jan seems very weird when we were on the verge of getting Chambers and must've known Feeney might get a look in come the summer

I’d imagine his new deal means we retain some value in him. Of course on the other hand, if his wages are higher that could make a sale more difficult. Always a juggling act I guess. 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Is this the new pun of choice, or will it be hair today gone tomorrow?  The Unsworth of puns. 

Please stop trying to put a wedge between us, I think he will be a fringe player 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Please stop trying to put a wedge between us, I think he will be a fringe player 

Now you’re just wishing for the halcyon days of the 80s. Aren’t we all, those of us old enough to remember them. Bless our cotton socks. 

• Haha 1

Â