Josh Feeney

sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s 16 years old and he plays like he’s 30 years old. He’s going to be a top player, I’d put my house on it, he just makes the game look so early (I am talking about Feeney here)

You must be out of houses at this stage 😉

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

About time we produced a top centre half. Still haven't  got over the way we sold Cahill for peanuts. 

We made some of it back by getting about 10 million for Clark and Baker 

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Of what? Certainly not the first team. He may be very talented, he may be exceptional for his age, but he is not currently a star for Aston Villa 

I think he could be, I’ve seen him quite a few times for us, this lad is exceptional, make no mistake. Some are ready at 16 years old, I think he could be, there’s a reason why he was linked with Man United and other big clubs. This lad is the future of Aston Villa and England 

He had a much more difficult day today - Middlesbrough were on top and the defence was caught out on a number of occasions.

Which was great - because it gave him loads to do and he did just about everything really, really well - he's quick, very good in the air, can tackle, has got an amazing temperament and uses the ball pretty well.

He's an outstanding prospect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

U23s should have lost by five or more goals today and would have done if it wasn't for Marschall in goal, even in a poor defensive performance from us Feeney showed moments of his usual standout brilliance, but at the same also a few moments that tell us why he probably isn't ready for the first team yet, not that should be expected of him at the moment anyway given he's only sixteen, and doing very well to be at the stage he's at given his age.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

U23s should have lost by five or more goals today and would have done if it wasn't for Marschall in goal, even in a poor defensive performance from us Feeney showed moments of his usual standout brilliance, but at the same also a few moments that tell us why he probably isn't ready for the first team yet, not that should be expected of him at the moment anyway given he's only sixteen, and doing very well to be at the stage he's at given his age.

Thanks for your usual excellent reporting. It shows why we need to sign another cover CB. I have high hopes for Feeney, and it would be good if he's kept around the first team squad until his ready for a carefully selected loan.

To be honest I think Bogarde is probably ahead of Feeney at the moment, but even he's probably not ready to be fourth choice yet. Birmingham Mail reported that Dominc Revan was going to be fourth choice this month until bring someone new in, not sure how likely that is though as not even sure if he's fit.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

To be honest I think Bogarde is probably ahead of Feeney at the moment, but even he's probably not ready to be fourth choice yet. Birmingham Mail reported that Dominc Revan was going to be fourth choice this month until bring someone new in, not sure how likely that is though as not even sure if he's fit.

Both Revans were in the stand today for the U23 game and by the look of them had been in some sort of training this morning. I like Bogarde and think we missed his ability on the ball today, but I'd have to say I think Feeney is the better defender.

I think Feeney is better prospect than Bogarde as a defender, just I think that Bogarde given his age and having slightly more experience will be ahead of him at this moment in time in terms of the first team.

Bogarde wasn't available for selection against Brentford because covid rules meant he couldn't get out of Holland in time after being there over Christmas, if he was available I think he would have been on the bench instead of Feeney.

Still a big achievement from Feeney to make the first team match day squad though, because if he wasn't very highly rated we just wouldn't have bothered naming a defender on the bench.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â