Josh Feeney

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, The_Steve said:

Looked so confident in possession during pre-season. He’s still here because he’s ready to step up. 

Can't remember the game, I think Utd friendly...he'd just come on and did a big dummy in his own box to open up space for himself and created a really easy pass. It was the move of a very confident player.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Can't remember the game, I think Utd friendly...he'd just come on and did a big dummy in his own box to open up space for himself and created a really easy pass. It was the move of a very confident player.

I think it was Rennes game

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Travelled to Dubai with the first team! Emery rates him 

I would hope it also shows him there's a route into the first team squad and makes him think twice about disappearing into Chelsea's massive youth setup. I'd say Emery also knows this and is one reason he's bringing him.

• Like 2

Theres been alot of investment in Josh by the club. In terms of scouting him and integrating him early. Taking him on club trips. Being on the bench or squad etc etc  he is a massive  talent and the last thing we will want to do is lose him by sidelining him just because a new manager has come in. His pathway will be carefully cultivated by the club and this will be part of it.

He is that young that it isnt guaranteed he will be out on loan next season either.  Sending him out to the championship as a centre back at the age of just 18 is a lot different to sending an attacker. Could easily go wrong . 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Defence. Bizarrely in football, never get the recognition and aduration that forwards get. Yet at the very least , equally responsible for wins as a forward is.

The lad looks promising and hopefully will continue on his trajectory up to 1st team squad member next season or the season after.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2023 at 23:43, brummybloke said:

Defence. Bizarrely in football, never get the recognition and aduration that forwards get. Yet at the very least , equally responsible for wins as a forward is.

The lad looks promising and hopefully will continue on his trajectory up to 1st team squad member next season or the season after.

its an interesting comment, one which I emphatically agree with.

• 3 months later...
Â