Josh Feeney

sir_gary_cahill

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Now you’re just wishing for the halcyon days of the 80s. Aren’t we all, those of us old enough to remember them. Bless our cotton socks. 

Bottom right corner of the Holte, wedge, diamond pringle, burgandy Louis cords with splits and a pair of Puma G Vilas 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Bottom right corner of the Holte, wedge, diamond pringle, burgandy Louis cords with splits and a pair of Puma G Vilas 

Smart but casual, but you wouldn’t get into town dressed like that. 

43 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Farah slacks and addidas shoes for a more formal look 😃

You might sneak into Sam Weller’s or Edward’s No. 7 if you look outraged enough when the bouncer says you’ve got trainers on.  😎

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Don't think he means in terms of the 25 players rule. Think he just means it's silly to have 6 players for two positions in the team, and he's right.

Hause is never going to play even when fit. His new deal in Jan seems very weird when we were on the verge of getting Chambers and must've known Feeney might get a look in come the summer

I don't think it's an issue really.  It's a long old season [/cliche] and if we had a couple of injuries in the defence, we'd suddenly be light if we "only" had 4 or 5 central defenders.  Plus, Chambers can cover DM as well so isn't strictly a defender in that sense; even if we play him there.

Having 5 senior centre backs and a youngster in the first team squad just isn't a problem.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Wow....This boy is not hanging around is he?......17 and getting first team game time.

Too young to buy a lighter but good enough to be a member of the first team squad. Mental. 

He is being groomed ( in a good way) for a big career

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't think it's an issue really.  It's a long old season [/cliche] and if we had a couple of injuries in the defence, we'd suddenly be light if we "only" had 4 or 5 central defenders.  Plus, Chambers can cover DM as well so isn't strictly a defender in that sense; even if we play him there.

Having 5 senior centre backs and a youngster in the first team squad just isn't a problem.

I think Chambers can cover right back too.....even though KKH looks a baller......options are looking good.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Chambers can cover right back too.....even though KKH looks a baller......options are looking good.

RB, sure… not sure I’d like to see Chambers as a right wing back anytime soon though. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Could his first team involvement be accelerated now because of Diego injury?

Still be Mings Konsa/Chambers against Palace. Likely to start against Bolton? 

23 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I hope not.

We don't want to destroy his confidence by throwing him in the deep end at such a young age.

Never did Gareth Barry any harm, some people are just ready (I don’t know enough about Feeney to say, but training with the first team shows he’s rated).

didnt do kieran clark any harm when he was thrown in vs fulham in a televised game 

i seem to remember him having a great debut

before taking inspiration from Ronaldinho and spending the next several years perfecting the no look 60 yard pass to whoever it was in the lower trinity I'm sure he was aiming at

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Before taking inspiration from Ronaldinho and spending the next several years perfecting the no look 60 yard pass to whoever it was in the lower trinity I'm sure he was aiming at

Have I opened the John McGinn thread by mistake?

I like Feeney, hope he starts the cup game. Probably wouldn't be comfortable at this stage with him getting league minutes unless we have an actual injury crisis - Id rather any of the senior players started ahead of him.

44 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Never did Gareth Barry any harm, some people are just ready (I don’t know enough about Feeney to say, but training with the first team shows he’s rated).

Agree with you on first team involvement, but cups first I'd say. Up for starting him against Bolton.

We know it's not a regular occurrence to have a player as good as Barry at 17. He was also in a back three and had Southgate and Ugo with him. So bit more protection was there.

Feeney could go on to be a better centre half absolutely.

• Like 1

Â