Josh Feeney

sir_gary_cahill

as i said in the u23 thread, against Burton in the Papa John's Trophy, he played the full 90 and looked good, i think you could raise that standard to very good considering the lad is a 16 year old central defender, and didnt look out of place against a mens team from league 2........at 16 years old.

Also, i think being a midfielder or forward at 16/17/18 is probably easier in terms of "looking good", where usually the defences struggle as the physicality difference seems more pronounced in the defensive side of the game, regardless of this, i think he looked very good against Burton.

looks like a real player.

To be fair, the corner struggles aside (for the whole team), both Feeney & Bograde as the centre back pairing looked class.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Ex Fleetwood Town centre back that we signed from them last Summer, he has been excelling in our u18s and u23s. He’s 16 years old, a first year scholar, I’ve seen him a few times for our u23s and he just looks class, he’s very composed and good on the ball, he just breezes through matches at that level. I see very few flaws in his game from what I have seen so far, he could go right to the top. I’m interested in other poster’s views on him if they have seen him play, edit- I know I have bigged up young players on here in the past and been made to look stupid but I have a good feeling about this player, he just plays with such maturity for someone of his age

I remember reading that lots of the other top teams were looking at him, so to secure his signature was a bit of a coup at the time. Hopefully he goes on to fulfil his promise, and judging by comments I have read on here he has made a positive start to his Villa career. I haven't personally seen him play yet, but I am interested to watch his progression. The fact he is already playing against older players and holding his own bodes well.

Anyway, don't feel bad about getting some of your predictions wrong over the years, lots of youth players fall away to the lower leagues or to a career outside of football. It is probably one of the hardest thing to predict with lots of variables that can affect a players chances of making it at the top. History shows this to be the case, Stephen Cooke and Michael Standing were both highly rated youngsters who didn't go on to make it at the top of the game, hell even Arsene Wenger got it wrong sometimes....he thought Daniel Crowley was going to be a great player, and he wasn't even good enough to make it at sha. Basically, keep giving your opinion, I for one enjoy the optimism of your posts, and take them for what they are based on the above.

• Thanks 1

It's going to be very interesting to see how he develops as a player. 

He has a very mature head on his shoulders at just 16 as a few of you have already said. He's also pretty good on the ball and I've seen him pass with both feet relatively effortlessly. If he continues to improve from this point then we'll have a serious talent on our hands and a first team player ready to rock and roll in a couple of years. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MaVilla said:

as i said in the u23 thread, against Burton in the Papa John's Trophy, he played the full 90 and looked good, i think you could raise that standard to very good considering the lad is a 16 year old central defender, and didnt look out of place against a mens team from league 2........at 16 years old.

Also, i think being a midfielder or forward at 16/17/18 is probably easier in terms of "looking good", where usually the defences struggle as the physicality difference seems more pronounced in the defensive side of the game, regardless of this, i think he looked very good against Burton.

looks like a real player.

To be fair, the corner struggles aside (for the whole team), both Feeney & Bograde as the centre back pairing looked class.

It is harder for defenders as physicality is more pronounced in center backs and at a developing age, it can be tricky.

Edited by TRO

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Â