Josh Feeney

sir_gary_cahill

He really does play like a much more experienced centre back than he is. Hopefully by the time he is 19 or so he’ll be ready to sample first team football whereas most centre backs are more like 22 before they’re trusted.

2 hours ago, stegzy said:

He really does play like a much more experienced centre back than he is. Hopefully by the time he is 19 or so he’ll be ready to sample first team football whereas most centre backs are more like 22 before they’re trusted.

Gary Cahill was ready, a man at 18 and performing really well on loan at Burnley. Feeney could have a similar career to Cahill if stays on the right track. Feeney seems to have a great attitude at 17, even Cahill didn’t make our bench at 16 like Feeney did

13 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He looks a talent, tall, very good technically, can distribute the ball well and loves to slide in..

Probably part of the best batch of CB's to come through the academy since Nathan Baker, Ciaran Clark.. Kinda shows how poor we have been in producing CB's.

With two senior CB's injured this is actually a perfect opportunity for himself and Kerr Smith to get some first team action but by the looks of it he seems to be ahead of Kerr Smith in terms of development.

It’s not changed with him as we haven’t really produced him as he came from Fleetwood a year ago. So i am not sure that has changed much. We still not great at developing our own talents for awhile in defensive areas. Unfortunately i think our own players have suffered injurys in important moments of development. 

I think we create better attacking players and i fine with that as long as we can still fill the defensive players from other academy’s. 

It’s great we attracting this level of Talent, just like we did with Gareth barry. 

oh I think Bogarde is the Best Defender in youth setup currently as started to fill out more. He would been on the bench before Feeney if wasn’t injured 

Edited by Villa_Stateside

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Gary Cahill was ready, a man at 18 and performing really well on loan at Burnley. Feeney could have a similar career to Cahill if stays on the right track. Feeney seems to have a great attitude at 17, even Cahill didn’t make our bench at 16 like Feeney did

Is a change of username on the cards?😲

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Villa_Stateside said:

I think Bogarde is the Best Defender in youth setup currently as started to fill out more. He would been on the bench before Feeney if wasn’t injured 

He was from memory, utd away last September 

Also great to see you say you think he's the best, others say swinkels is the best, some saying feeney is the best and no one really talking up Smith who is also really highly rated! 

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t know how to!

You shouldn't want to change it anyway. You take the mick out of yourself for rating all our youth players, but your username will forever be a reminder of one you got very, very right!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

You shouldn't want to change it anyway. You take the mick out of yourself for rating all our youth players, but your username will forever be a reminder of one you got very, very right!

Thank you!! I still remember his debut against WBA, I think it was 9 April 2006. Cahill dominated Kevin Campbell, he was majestic, I knew from that game onward that we had a player on our hands. He’s had a great career since I thjnk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Wonder how they'll manage his development. Great for him to be around the first team for pre-season, wonder if he'll stick in the u23s this year or whether he might go on loan

The U23 are now the U21, so a good chance he will.

9 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Wonder how they'll manage his development. Great for him to be around the first team for pre-season, wonder if he'll stick in the u23s this year or whether he might go on loan

He still only 17! so stick to U21's to develop

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Ate you allowed to go on loan at 17 or can you as long as you are turning 18 in that season ? No idea of the rules 

Yeah of course.  I just dont think there any team that would play a 17 year old skinny lad in their defence 🤣 Very rare thing to see. He needs time to grow there is no rush

Edited by messi11

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Needs clearance from aircraft control cause he is that tall. Looks the same height as Mings now. Imagine just turning 17 and on a tour of Oz with our team.he must be hugely thought of 

With good reason too

Â