Josh Feeney

sir_gary_cahill

The future of our defence. To be 17yrs old and look composed and solid in a back line is some statement. Reads the game so well and his positioning is really good too. I see a JT esq defender in him. Very impressed.

Watching the game I hadn't realize he had come on, and was watching him thinking Chambers is continuing to play well, it was only when the camera zoomed onto Feeney that I realized, and thought 'crikey he's doing well'. And wasn't as if it was a typical friendly type game either, Leeds were very high intensity.

• Like 1

Maybe a strange take on it but for me he's why you don't get rid of mings 

To have that kind of senior pro captain character around him can only be good, and the ages could end up with a passing of the baton, mings with another 2 to 4 seasons in him start the process with the crop of CBs we have

On that, feeney is in oz, swinkels is in the villa 11s at Leamington (?) Bogarde is injured (?) wheres Smith? 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

https://youtu.be/LcWke7MKHlM

Nice bit at the end of the Gerrard press conference about Feeney. Bigs him up massively and says that he has a huge future and is a very nice kid until he steps on the pitch and then he is all business.

Couldn’t here but right towards the end he talked about someone with passport issues. Who is that?

2 minutes ago, Withnail said:

Couldn’t here but right towards the end he talked about someone with passport issues. Who is that?

I thought it was Neil Critchley.

• Thanks 1

If Feeney is going to be in and around the first team this season, it would mean 6 possible central defenders in or around the first team/bench (Carlos, Chambers, Mings, Konsa, Hause, Feeney).

We seriously need to offload at least 1.

Gotta say i was super impressed with his cameo against Rennes, looked very composed on the ball for such a young man.

• Like 1

My surprise of pre season. He just looked assured and fitted right in. His tackling is good but I absolutely LOVE his ability on the ball. Go watch how he handles the ball under pressure in and around our penalty area from pre season. Great stuff.

• Like 1

Â