January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They have some excellent main article writers and central pieces, especially when they do bigger sweeping state of football style reporting 

They're then shite when they have local reporters on smaller desks scrambling for content and resorting to gossip and transfer bullshit

So in other words they're the same as everyone else... After marketing themselves on being different and not resorting to the gossip

Where is evans' monthly in depth tactical analysis of villa or even just some kind of article providing an insight that you sit there and think it's taken him a month to put it all together? Doesn't exist and that for me is disappointing

what the athletic said they would do compared to what Evans is doing deserves ridicule

this is definitely their best stuff

and in evans' defence, he's no worse than many on there. ultimately somewhere along the line they realise that it's not these in depth stories that bring the £££ in. it's the transfer gossip

david ornstein i've found to be pretty reliable for transfer news though

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh my.

Well we **** that.

Wonder if it was Purslow saying no I prefer Ings?

Hope he butts out of all recruitment matters other than signing the cheque.

Looks likes it's about £17m. Ouch.

More likely we had a chat with him and he said, not without champs league, but thank you for your interest.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Would not mind Tarkowski at all.  He's a much better ball playing CB than you'd expect to find at Burnley.  Huge upgrade on Tuanzebe and will challenge Konsa for the starting spot.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Would not mind Tarkowski at all.  He's a much better ball playing CB than you'd expect to find at Burnley.  Huge upgrade on Tuanzebe and will challenge Konsa for the starting spot.  

As a free he will be asking for about 80k a week 

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We might be but he be our 3rd best centre back. Thats bad business 

Not really.  Konsa isn't as good as a lot of Villa fans say he is, and Mings catches more flack than anyone on our team.  

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 2

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Not really.  Konsa isn't as good as a lot of Villa fans say he is, and Mings catches more flack than anyone on our team.  

but both are better than Tarkowski though. If he was so good he would be going to a better team than apparently Newcastle

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I will not take this seriously until the war chest is quoted and we are putting a finishing touch onto the bid in preparation of launch

I can imagine our war chest; bit dusty, seen better days, but with a bit of polish will look new again.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but both are better than Tarkowski though. If he was so good he would be going to a better team than apparently Newcastle

If Coutinho and Digne were any good, they would have ended up somewhere better than Villa...  🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Disagree, Konsa has the better game awareness and a higher ceiling.  Mings is vocal, but Konsa is the better defender

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Agree

But Zatman is also right, both are better than tarkowski who at 29 will be looking at a retirement contract especially if Newcastle are at the table, it wouldn't make sense for us 

We need to find the next konsa whilst also bringing along Feeney and Kerr then phase out Mings and Hause over the next 3 to 5 years 

• Like 1