January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

3 hours ago, Awol said:

The window isn’t close to being closed and we have gaps in the squad. I don’t get your ‘boring’ comment but the idea that we’re all done seems like an unsound, and unnecessarily negative conclusion. 

I’ve no idea how much money we have left to spend but we still need a DCM a centre back and a right back just to fill the squad out.

for me I would have Zakaria (now), Botman and Aaron’s. (Now or in the summer).

I would also sell Danny ings and use the money to get Alvarez if he wanted to join us.

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

United would be incredibly short sighted to loan them Lingard to help them survive. There’s a bigger picture here…send them down!

You're absolutely right.

However Manchester United are incredibly stupid and run by people who don't know what they're doing on the football side.

21 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

You're absolutely right.

However Manchester United are incredibly stupid and run by people who don't know what they're doing on the football side.

But they know business.

Relegating Newcastle makes big business sense.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’ve no idea how much money we have left to spend but we still need a DCM a centre back and a right back just to fill the squad out.

for me I would have Zakaria (now), Botman and Aaron’s. (Now or in the summer).

I would also sell Danny ings and use the money to get Alvarez if he wanted to join us.

Botman is great shout, but it seems pretty clear he’s not available this window. Aarons can come to clean KKH’s boots (we don’t need a RB, imo). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’ve no idea how much money we have left to spend but we still need a DCM a centre back and a right back just to fill the squad

Not sure I agree on RB, we have Cash who is doing OK and possibly the next big thing in Kesler. Not to mention Guilbert out on loan.

We certainly don't need one this window, maybe if Kesler goes on loan next year as he's deemed not ready, maybe then we'd sign somebody to replace Cash in the summer, moving him to the bench before being sold next summer with Kesler being brought into the squad then.

But I think all of that feels unnecessary, integrate Kesler into the squad now, use him long term. Bring Guilbert back for a year if we really want to loan Kesler out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thejoker said:

A potential new challenger next season if they stay up? 

Not a hope in hell will Toon be competing for top 4 next season if they stay up. Toon competing at the top is quite a few years away. They still have to comply with FFP and can't spend infinite amounts of money. I don't see Toon's financial muscle in the transfer window and stronger than Villa's

9 hours ago, mickjacobjr said:

Think we are done any serious business in this window maybe a stop gap CB will be added for numbers 

Always so pessimistic. Bot the manager and CEO have said they will sign players if the price is right. Let's wait and see.

9 hours ago, mickjacobjr said:

Think we are done any serious business in this window maybe a stop gap CB will be added for numbers 

Always so pessimistic. Bot the manager and CEO have said they will sign players if the price is right. Let's wait and see.

28 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What is the big business sense? It wouldn't make any difference to Man Utd if Newcastle stay up

Perhaps not - for next season.

But their financial muscle will come into play - FFP or not.  A couple of stadium and shirt sponsors, an official flight partner, drinks partner, kit partners, etc, etc and suddenly they can afford the same targets and push up the league, making it harder for ManUre to push back into the UCL where the real money is.

it would make zero sense for Manure to loan Lingard to anyone for the rest of the season.

Lingard has 6 months on his contract left, so Manure need to either keep him in their squad (for depth), or sell him in Jan as this is their last chance to make money on him, loaning him out makes literally zero sense.

If Lingard wants his pay day, he will run his contract down and get his last big payday in the summer.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1