January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Kamara & Bentancur or Bissouma ?! 

For the money brighton will want I’d go for Kamara and Bentancur as Kamara is on a free at the end of the season so he’ll be cheap or we wait till he’s out of contract

On 16/01/2022 at 22:01, Villaphil said:

Given previous behaviour, standard for Lange would be to go quiet on Bissouma for a bit.  Meanwhile, links start to appear in the press of our admiring glances being made to various DM / Box to Box midfielders across the continent.

So we’ll have to ride out these nonsense links, whilst Brighton have their bluff called that they are prepared to take a massive hit on his value / believe he will sign a new contract.

Just gonna leave this here …..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Aaron Ramsey the elder would be right at the very top of the list of things we don't need. 

Just be way too confusing as well at this point, last thing we need is another Ramsey and especially with the same name as one we already have.

I'm still all in on Bissouma .... perfect for our needs .... as opposed to "Bentancur and Kamara" .... both very good but not an exact fit for our weakest position.

If we get this right then it's position sorted for the next five seasons. Worth spending a lot of money on in my opinion.

• Like 2

Bentancur at a third of the price represents incredible value. Bissouma's only ahead of him on tackles, defensively - fewer pressures, blocks, interceptions etc. Plus Bentancur has CL experience and 45 caps for a very good international team. Why give a rival so much money too? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Bentancur at a third of the price represents incredible value. Bissouma's only ahead of him on tackles, defensively - fewer pressures, blocks, interceptions etc. Plus Bentancur has CL experience and 45 caps for a very good international team. Why give a rival so much money too? 

I'd love us to sign the perfect player for once. He's available, he's bl*ody expensive but he will deliver.

He's the key that will unlock the talent in our midfield (in my opinion of course).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Those misplaced passes reel is pretty shocking

Bissouma reported transfer fee is £50mill You’ve then got a 5 year contract on say £180k PW = £46.8mill over its course . Plus agents fees and bonuses etc. That’s a £100 mill plus investment on a DM - be interesting to see if we are there as a club cause that’s one hell of an investment… 

Bentancur is the experienced signing. Regular international. Knows what it's like to win as a habit. These are the qualities Gerrard have spoken of that he wants.

Kamara is the more club-vision signing. Young, talented, and only going to get better. Fits the tactical shape Gerrard and his team deploy. If we did want him, we wouldn't be able to wait until Summer. As a free agent I think there would be too much competition.

Either would be a welcome addition to the squad.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wes said:

Bentancur is the experienced signing. Regular international. Knows what it's like to win as a habit. These are the qualities Gerrard have spoken of that he wants.

Kamara is the more club-vision signing. Young, talented, and only going to get better. Fits the tactical shape Gerrard and his team deploy. If we did want him, we wouldn't be able to wait until Summer. As a free agent I think there would be too much competition.

Either would be a welcome addition to the squad.

Both would be perfect, and would round off an amazing window.

32 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Bissouma reported transfer fee is £50mill You’ve then got a 5 year contract on say £180k PW = £46.8mill over its course . Plus agents fees and bonuses etc. That’s a £100 mill plus investment on a DM - be interesting to see if we are there as a club cause that’s one hell of an investment… 

Them's big numbers - he's on £26k a week at the moment and I reckon we could get him for £70-80k - I reckon a fee of £36m would get him too.

It's still an enormous amount of money, but I guess the difference between £60m and £100m is a big one!

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Them's big numbers - he's on £26k a week at the moment and I reckon we could get him for £70-80k - I reckon a fee of £36m would get him too.

It's still an enormous amount of money, but I guess the difference between £60m and £100m is a big one!

No way he will be looking for anything under £150k pw minimum … And Brighton don’t need to sell him for less than what they rate him at. What he’s worth in league placings ££& wise would negate lost transfer value by waiting till the summer to sell. It will take huge sums, maybe not as big as those I’ve stated - more in the middle perhaps. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

How do Southampton find these players....paid c £11 mill too?

People could say the same for us about, say, McGinn at £2m - as a fan you always spot everyone else’s bargains. Saints also have their, eg, Guido Carrillo signed for £20m and released on a free or Boufal signed for £15m and released for nothing, etc.

• Like 1