January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Just noticed Reece Oxford’s stats, quite impressive. Scored a couple of goals this season too. Seems to be doing well at Augsburg, only 23.

Might be a decent option for a young, rotation/backup CB? Inexpensive?

I think we’re going to busy until the end of the window… both in terms of incomings and outgoings. I’m sure we want to finish the season as well as we can and give us some momentum going into the next.

I heard somewhere that, after the Everton game, we don’t have a game for a while so can probably focus more on transfers and negotiations in that period.

Exciting times, we mean business and want to be more formidable.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

They have been changed, any sponsorship must be at market rate.

Also, and I can't understand why so many people miss this point. PIF is not Newcastle United. Newcastle is NOT the richest club in the world. PIF has many other investments too

I thought that was only for a short period and back to normal from Summer?

Just now, Jas10 said:

I think we’re going to busy until the end of the window… both in terms of incomings and outgoings. I’m sure we want to finish the season as well as we can and give us some momentum going into the next.

I heard somewhere that, after the Everton game, we don’t have a game for a while so can probably focus more on transfers and negotiations in that period.

Exciting times, we mean business and want to be more formidable.

the good thing for me, is we only have 1 PL game left in Jan, so we can make the moves in Jan, get them up to speed and have more games towards the latter part of the season with the new signings.

1 more PL game before the window closes, then the next game isnt until 9th Feb, so plenty of time to get 1-2 more big signings in, and get them settled! (pls 😜)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

the good thing for me, is we only have 1 PL game left in Jan, so we can make the moves in Jan, get them up to speed and have more games towards the latter part of the season with the new signings.

1 more PL game before the window closes, then the next game isnt until 9th Feb, so plenty of time to get 1-2 more big signings in, and get them settled! (pls 😜)

It’s good to see that we want to strengthen as much and as quickly as possible rather than just let this season pass and focus on the next (not an attitude I like, seen quite a few people mention this though).

The higher we can finish in the league and the more wins we can rack up, the better.

Who knows, we could possibly make a major push to finish in the top half. The ambition and intent is pleasing in itself.

We need to improve on the pitch and start winning, putting in consistent performances. All well and good signing players (and the excitement that comes with it) but it’s meaningless unless we perform well and win games.

1 minute ago, Wes said:

Julian Alvarez looks like he's going to Manchester City. Or rather signed by them then loaned either back to River or somewhere to one of the City Group clubs.

I think we're going to rue the day we didn't go for him in the summer, as I had hoped back in June.

Barstewards!! 😡

Would’ve loved for us to sign him. Should’ve got agent Emi on the case! 😆

10 minutes ago, Wes said:

Julian Alvarez looks like he's going to Manchester City. Or rather signed by them then loaned either back to River or somewhere to one of the City Group clubs.

I think we're going to rue the day we didn't go for him in the summer, as I had hoped back in June.

Big time.  He blew up after being linked with us, helped River win the league.  Now some big teams in for him.  We've missed the boat i'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I doubt he would’ve signed for us and it was all talk, I’ve no doubt the Man City’s of the World already had him on speed dial. 

I dunno, if he signs for City and goes on loan to a City Group club I think he would've been gettable for us in the summer as we'd have had him in a major European league 12-24 months sooner than he will be with that path.

May be he's not gettable now, but if that's the path he takes I feel like we would've been well positioned last summer

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’ve no idea how much money we have left to spend but we still need a DCM a centre back and a right back just to fill the squad out.

for me I would have Zakaria (now), Botman and Aaron’s. (Now or in the summer).

I would also sell Danny ings and use the money to get Alvarez if he wanted to join us.

Got KKH for competition at RB?

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

'Preparing a bid'. 'Considering a bid'.  'Sounding out the possibility of an approach'. 

'Ploughing the furrows of a potential purchase'. 'Caressing the smooth neck of a potential transfer'. 'Winking playfully at the future deal that might be agreed'

Worrying the phalus of a potential incoming. 

• Haha 2