January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, sne said:

Gossip rags regurgitating the Watkins to Spurs and Luiz to Roma stories from the summer.

Watkins is an Arsenal fan, unlikely he would want to go to Spurs.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Arsenal one day...Hopefully in a distant future.😊

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Arsenal one day...Hopefully in a distant future.😊

Watkins is  constantly linked to Liverpool. I can't help but think they have been laying down the groundwork for a deal. 

We don't have the space for him now but if we have a European campaign next season we have to purchase Gallagher. He's like a slightly more athletic version of McGinn. £20 million should be enough to get Chelsea to cut loose. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

We don't have the space for him now but if we have a European campaign next season we have to purchase Gallagher. He's like a slightly more athletic version of McGinn. £20 million should be enough to get Chelsea to cut loose. 

I was thinking the same. I really like JJ and I hope Sanson comes good, but having Mcginn and Gallagher in front of Luiz would be awesome 

14 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

I was thinking the same. I really like JJ and I hope Sanson comes good, but having Mcginn and Gallagher in front of Luiz would be awesome 

I think the one area where we will stick rather than twist now is midfield.  Aside from Jacob we have Chuk Ireogbunam Aaron Raikhy and Lindley . They are all very very good. If we do buy in midfeld then i think it would be a mature expensive elite midfielder . We sinply have enough at the moment to give them the chance over the next 3 or 4 years to see how good they can become. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

You're dreaming I'm afraid. Chelsea will have no intention of selling as he's seen as long term future prospect. Might break through next season according to reports. 

• Like 1

On 26/09/2021 at 07:11, villabromsgrove said:

I'm loving the football that I'm watching at the moment, so I hope we don't spend any money in January as we have an excellent squad who need to have opportunities to rotate their way into our best team in years.

Save the money for the addition of a couple of top quality players in next summer's transfer window. If we continue to play attractive exciting football they will come to us.

It's either getting Bailey's caliber of players, or as you said give who we currently have their chances.

We should probably entertain offers for Anwar El Ghazi in January. We've JPB, the 3 5 2 formation and Trez would be back as emergency cover along with Young too meaning we have a stock pile of wide players we need to cut down on. 

If our first team is relatively injury free by then it makes sense to entertain offers.

10 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Very good player, i've been impressed with him.

We've been linked in the past as well.

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We should probably entertain offers for Anwar El Ghazi in January. We've JPB, the 3 5 2 formation and Trez would be back as emergency cover along with Young too meaning we have a stock pile of wide players we need to cut down on. 

If our first team is relatively injury free by then it makes sense to entertain offers.

I agree to an extent but imagine we'll be focussed on moving on:

Kalinic, Wesley, Davis, Trez, Guilbert first.

Then AEG and Nakamba. Although may struggle with Trez until he's played some football and AEG the most likely to make some ££s. So maybe. 

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He was only starting for us a couple of games ago. Our squad isn’t that deep and we’ve got the FA cup which might provide a run. I think it would be silly to sell anyone in Jan bar those that really are on the sidelines eg Davis (though I think clubs would want to loan rather than buy him).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Watkins won't go Arsenal I don't think, I'd think if anyone of them he fits the spurs plan most of all out of the so called big five.

11 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

His value will be determined by how he performs for Palace this season and if the rest of the season is anything like the first few games for him then the price will be well north of 20m

25 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I agree to an extent but imagine we'll be focussed on moving on:

Kalinic, Wesley, Davis, Trez, Guilbert first.

Aren't Kalinic, Wesley and Guilbert on season long loans and Davis and Trez both injured.  None of them will leave the club before next summer at the earliest

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

He was only starting for us a couple of games ago. Our squad isn’t that deep and we’ve got the FA cup which might provide a run. I think it would be silly to sell anyone in Jan bar those that really are on the sidelines eg Davis (though I think clubs would want to loan rather than buy him).

If a good enough offer came in for Davis, Ghazi and for Trez if he were fit that is and healthy then I would sell in January. With how Youth have been playing I just can't see them getting game time regular. Smith seems to be trusting Youth alot more this season. Youth are showing Smith that they can just jump in and do a Job next to the first eleven. They cant be trusted to not go missing for most the game those three mentioned above who are capable of moments of brilliant here and there, I would sooner we find players who can put a shift in nearly every time they do lace there boots up. There is no harm waiting though if it comes to not selling January it's not like we strapped for cash and maybe your right that abit of depth is still needed especially considering how bad our Injuries have been already this season. 

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Watkins won't go Arsenal I don't think, I'd think if anyone of them he fits the spurs plan most of all out of the so called big five.

Watkins is going to be difficult for any club to buy. Although his overall play is excellent he is not a prolific goal scorer. We paid about 30m for him and I suspect we would want a very significant profit if we were to sell him so I expect we would look for 60m+. He will be 26 next summer and will reduce in value for the buying club. I just can't see a team paying 60m+ for a striker that is not a proven 20 goal a season man or a player aged about 20 with masses of potential. Ollie won't be leaving us next summer.

• Like 2