January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

With the Derby County situation unfolding, would it be worth looking at Louie Sibley, Jason Knight and or Lee Buchanan, to compliment our U23s?

They were very highly rated last season, although I’ve no idea how there form has been so far this season.

It’s my understanding that we could in theory pay for these players now (to help Derby pay salaries etc) but wouldn’t be able to register them with us until January. Could strike a very cut price deal now though? 

Edited by ferguson1

On 23/09/2021 at 09:48, ferguson1 said:

With the Derby County situation unfolding, would it be worth looking at Louie Sibley, Jason Knight and or Lee Buchanan, to compliment our U23s?

They were very highly rated last season, although I’ve no idea how there form has been so far this season.

It’s my understanding that we could in theory pay for these players now (to help Derby pay salaries etc) but wouldn’t be able to register them with us until January. Could strike a very cut price deal now though? 

Seen a bit of that Kamil Jóźwiak towards the end of the last season and he looked like one to keep an eye on. 

Wide player, direct and a good turn of pace.  It's not an area we are short in now, admittedly.  But always good to have pace and options from the bench. 

He's already played nearly nearly 20 games for Poland at the age of 23, so looks like he's on the up. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think priority needs to be a better number 2 goalie.  

This.  On paper, this is the only glaring hole in the team at the moment.  Sounds like we tried this summer, but all our options picked other clubs instead.

• Like 1

There is also the AFCON to consider where we lose Traoré, Nakamba and Trezeguet for around a month in Jan-Feb. Quite possible the club has faith in our youngsters to get us through but we might see a loan coming in or a more long term signing if we can find a deal to be had.

I'm loving the football that I'm watching at the moment, so I hope we don't spend any money in January as we have an excellent squad who need to have opportunities to rotate their way into our best team in years.

Save the money for the addition of a couple of top quality players in next summer's transfer window. If we continue to play attractive exciting football they will come to us.

29 minutes ago, sne said:

There is also the AFCON to consider where we lose Traoré, Nakamba and Trezeguet for around a month in Jan-Feb. Quite possible the club has faith in our youngsters to get us through but we might see a loan coming in or a more long term signing if we can find a deal to be had.

Traore and Trez we should be alright with what we have to cover, Marv is the one I'm a bit worried about if Doug gets injured or the games catch up with him.