January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If a good enough offer came in for Davis, Ghazi and for Trez if he were fit that is and healthy then I would sell in January

What would be considered good offers?

Davis: 1m?

Ghazi: 10m?

Trez: no possible offerers due to injury

El Ghazi will go if a good / okayish offer comes in I expect. Smith has shown that we do not need him

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Aren't Kalinic, Wesley and Guilbert on season long loans and Davis and Trez both injured.  None of them will leave the club before next summer at the earliest

Yes but I can't see us moving on AEG in January either and he'd be less of a priority than the others when we do get round to selling. 

If the aim is Europe and Champions League, then there's no room for sentiment. If a reasonable offer comes in for a player who is unlikely to be CL ready / potential then I expect us to accept it..

Targett (need a replacement lined up), Nakamba, (need replacement) El Ghazi, Trez, Wesley, Davis  are the obvious ones. 

Youngsters get a bit of slack, but they need to be proving themselves by 21,22 or the same applies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yes but I can't see us moving on AEG in January either and he'd be less of a priority than the others when we do get round to selling. 

If we get a 10m+ bid for AEG I would be very surprised if a) we didn't accept it or b) AEG didn't try to force it through

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

If the aim is Europe and Champions League, then there's no room for sentiment. If a reasonable offer comes in for a player who is unlikely to be CL ready / potential then I expect us to accept it..

I think every player at the club has a price and we should look to sell if that price is met. However, the timing may stop us selling. For example, if we get a 100m bid for Martinez in Jan we would probably refuse as it would be very difficult to find a replacement but if we got a 100m bid for Martinez in the summer I can see us looking to make the deal happen by finding a replacement. The only player I can see that would possibly leave us in Jan is AEG. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

What would be considered good offers?

Davis: 1m?

Ghazi: 10m?

Trez: no possible offerers due to injury

El Ghazi will go if a good / okayish offer comes in I expect. Smith has shown that we do not need him

I agree with what you say Peter.

With first eleven and Youth now coming in and alot of them ruling the field when they do and behaving like first Eleven I am struggling to see where Ghazi, Davis and Trezegeut fit in now, same with Conor and Wesley. Maybe we will try push the other on loan like we have done conor and Wesley and agree a price down the line even if its something back it's better than nothing isnt it?

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Targett (need a replacement lined up), Nakamba, (need replacement) El Ghazi, Trez, Wesley, Davis  are the obvious ones. 

Youngsters get a bit of slack, but they need to be proving themselves by 21,22 or the same applies. 

Agreed on your first paragraph. Those who can't keep up must be sold on for the good of the club,their is no room for sentiment your right.

The Youngster I'm afraid are proving themselves at a far better rate than the likes of Ghazi, Wesley, Conor, Davis, Guilbert, Trezegeut. Now some are out on loan but some are still at the club because of injury. Thing is when they have played it hasn't been the best from those players mentioned but then Smith goes puts the likes of Ramsey, Bidace, Chuk and more on and the results on field are brilliant and mouth watering and those Youth are looking like they belong in the team.

I think it sobvious that if first eleven players goes down that were mixing in Youth this season and it's working which is fantastic  That in turn tells me that some of the seniors who have fallen through the cracks are all but done at Villa and its going to be hard to return for them.

Edited by Dave-R

26 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I agree with what you say Peter.

With first eleven and Youth now coming in and alot of them ruling the field when they do and behaving like first Eleven I am struggling to see where Ghazi, Davis and Trezegeut fit in now, same with Conor and Wesley. Maybe we will try push the other on loan like we have done conor and Wesley and agree a price down the line even if its something back it's better than nothing isnt it?

If Wes has a half decent season on loan this year I can see us extending his contract. If we extend his contract he will cost us less each year from an P&S perspective and a loan fee could very well cover his wages and amortisation the following season. This could give him the opportunity to prove himself in England and increase his value or become a useful part of the Villa team. I think Wes has the potential to be a good player and age is still on his side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

If we get a 10m+ bid for AEG I would be very surprised if a) we didn't accept it or b) AEG didn't try to force it through

I can see b happening 

Mainly because I can also see a CL team from outside of the 5 major leagues coming in for him, someone like Shakhtar, Besiktas or maybe a Portuguese club where he'll be a CL regular and league winner 

Just now, villa4europe said:

I can see b happening 

Mainly because I can also see a CL team from outside of the 5 major leagues coming in for him, someone like Shakhtar, Besiktas or maybe a Portuguese club where he'll be a CL regular and league winner 

If he gets a good move, like one of those, I really can't see Villa standing in his way. He knows his future at Villa isn't rosey, he has been a great servant to the club, scored some extremely important goals and it would be a win win if we could get 10+m for him. I would like to see him leave on good terms with the club and the fans and for a nice opportunity at a good club with CL football.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Pretty smug position to know we have a load of cash in January if we need it, but most likely do not need to panic buy anybody in that window - subject to injuries.

As you said we don't need to buy anybody, unless major injuries happen. But we don't have "load of cash", there's been no cash injected by the owners this season and we had to take a loan from Barclays last month to cover our operating expenses. We are not cash rich.

19 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

As you said we don't need to buy anybody, unless major injuries happen. But we don't have "load of cash", there's been no cash injected by the owners this season and we had to take a loan from Barclays last month to cover our operating expenses. We are not cash rich.

Nah, there was money there for targets which we missed out on, no idea if there are any players we want that will be available in Jan but I reckon we can go get em if needs be

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yeah, I think we'd sell him for that. I think I'd be OK with it too. He has been good for us over the years, especially during the promotion year, but I don't see how he fits in with what we're trying to achieve now. 

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I agree to an extent but imagine we'll be focussed on moving on:

Kalinic, Wesley, Davis, Trez, Guilbert first.

Then AEG and Nakamba. Although may struggle with Trez until he's played some football and AEG the most likely to make some ££s. So maybe. 

Trez will not be sold in Jan as he'll only be fit again around then. He's most likely going to be a loan deal next summer for the final year of his contract.

Wesley is a full season loan and he needs to get game time during that spell if there is any hope of us selling him next summer. Guilbert the same. Davis is a loan to Championship surely then sale if possible next summer. 

Nakamba is needed until a replacement is found next summer. 

AEG is surely not a person we'll sign a replacement for as we have JPB, Bailey, Traore and Buendia as the wide players plus the 3 5 2 formation which doesn't rely on them.

27 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I think he's referring to what our owners would have had to invest had we not sold Jack to make it a net negative spend. Footballtransfers.com has our net spend to be the lowest of all Prem Clubs including Brighton, Burnley, Norwich and Newcastle (-£19M) Not sure I believe that figure, but you get the point. If you assume an annual investment equivalent to our peers, then I guess you could argue that we have money to spend.   

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nah, there was money there for targets which we missed out on, no idea if there are any players we want that will be available in Jan but I reckon we can go get em if needs be

A number of our purported targets last window will either see their contracts up or be entering the final year next summer, so January may be the last chance for their clubs to get anything for them. Could be that Lange and co just decided to wait them out.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Pretty smug position to know we have a load of cash in January if we need it, but most likely do not need to panic buy anybody in that window - subject to injuries.

Ha, yes indeed. Think we'll wait until the summer barring any disasters, and hopefully with Leeds being relegated by then we can address the unfinished business with Kalvin Philips. A worldie left back would be nice too, and making Axel's loan permanent. There's so much talent coming up I really don't think we'd need anything else.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

A number of our purported targets last window will either see their contracts up or be entering the final year next summer, so January may be the last chance for their clubs to get anything for them. Could be that Lange and co just decided to wait them out.

As with Sanson before 

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nakamba is needed until a replacement is found next summer. 

Nakamba is showing us that a replacement is not needed and that he is the right man for the job. He is playing really well and he is currently our bench DM, I really can't see us getting any better quality DM to come in and replace Nakamba on the bench

• Like 2