January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

11 minutes ago, Shay said:

i think we should take a look at Joao Palhinha from Sporting for the CDM spot. Absolute beast at tackling and breaking down play. Very underrated player. Definitely a better choice than Boubacar Kamara currently. He’s 26 now entering his peak years. Thats what we need right now. Someone with experience in the centre. 

Suggested him in the summer and earlier this season, fantastic player who would tick every box we look for and more.

Might be a tad unrealistic sadly considering the other clubs he's been linked with.

1 hour ago, sne said:

We are not in a position to spend £50m on single players so in that regard we can't really emulate Arsenal even if we wanted to. Especially since they also bought Ödegaard, Ramsdale, Tomiasu & Lokanga for pretty big money.

Comparing to Arsenal is at best something we can do if we double our revenue and get very successful for a couple seasons.

We stretched our budget as much as possible even after getting £100m for Grealish.

I agree.

That's why I'm a little surprised that Stevie G has said we are targeting some exciting players this window. Unless we have some major outs.

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

I agree.

That's why I'm a little surprised that Stevie G has said we are targeting some exciting players this window. Unless we have some major outs.

There are some fantastic players on expiring contracts but most of them will be out of our reach.

Boubacar Kamara would be very exciting IMO, as would Zakaria. As would of course Januzaj.

1 minute ago, sne said:

There are some fantastic players on expiring contracts but most of them will be out of our reach.

Boubacar Kamara would be very exciting IMO, as would Zakaria. As would of course Januzaj.

Wouldn't be a window without him getting a mention. :clap:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, a-k said:

What about Eriksen on a pay as you play deal?

Nah, he was kicking up a fuss that covered his poor form towards the end of his Totenham days. I don't believe he truly set the world alight at Inter either (although I can't say I watched a lot of it, so anecdotal).

Then his heart condition, I'd hate to be the club that sees a player die on the pitch or advocate pushing these players bodies too far when they can't let go themselves. It may well be with the defib he'll be fine and can play a long career and I'm just ignorant but not sure how I'd feel about us taking him after what happened in the summer.

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Not trying to derail the thread so my apologies, but Is there a twitter account (or anything of the like) where you can follow all completed transfers?  Similarly, is there an account or source you prefer for rumors?  Thanks in advance.

Hoping we land a few players to get excited about in the next few weeks.

The Guardian has a transfer tracker of all transfers, also links any articles written on any of those transfers. Can be filtered by team. Villas is currently zero in :P

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Everton getting their business done quick, two full backs in already. Hopefully we have some movement early in the window

Pretty much invalidates this then.  Let's get spending!

How much each pl club can spend based on ffp : r/soccer

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

Why has he been on loan so much?

He’s been pretty much a late bloomer given the position his playing its nothing to worry about. At the same age Kante had only just moved to Leicester. He has been invaluable to Sporting for the past couple of seasons now. One of their best players. 

• Like 1