January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, sne said:

Suggested him in the summer and earlier this season, fantastic player who would tick every box we look for and more.

Might be a tad unrealistic sadly considering the other clubs he's been linked with.

I think we still have a chance. Buendia and Bailey whom i had suggested as potential targets in the summer were linked to bigger clubs and we still got them much to the surprise of many, including myself. Hoping i am third time lucky at calling a transfer 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

That can't be accurate surely.

We didnt even spend all the Grealish money?

It's nonsense, how much a team can spend is dependent on so many factors. As if they are fine spending x this season that could then mean they fail FFP next season or the season after. This is the issue with windfall sales like Grealish, it's one off income and is valid for 3 seasons ffp calculations only. 

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If Bremner and Mortimer can play for them, why not Elmo ? 

Different era back then I guess. Mortgages needed paying, we'll that's what nigel spink told me when I queried how he could ever consider working for sha. 

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Digne would have 3 1/2 years at the top level at least. If we put an option in of a 4th year. Given how FFP works with player amortisation and the 100m Jack profit these older proven players fit into that window.

We had enough room to have Buendia, plus pay Grealish 10m per year in salary. So with Jacks sale that's 100m + 30m wages over the 3 years of FFP opened up. About 45m of that 130m is on Ings wages + fee. We could spend another 40 or so on Digne. 

So my point is, the Jack sale is a one off 3 year profit which we need to utilise within the 3 year window or it's gone, we can't treat that windfall as recurring profit. Thus the 3 year proven player signings fits into this only because Grealish was sold.

It is actually 4 years we have for the Jack money to impact our FFP, it was extended by a year due to Covid, last year and this year are averaged and used as a single year for the 3 year FFP calculations. Also, as Jack was a a home grown player there is 19% tax to be taken from the 100m transfer fee when looking at the impact of Jack's 100m sale. The net impact of Jack is 81m profit which is used for FFP calculations over a 4 year accounting period

2 hours ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

Not trying to derail the thread so my apologies, but Is there a twitter account (or anything of the like) where you can follow all completed transfers?  Similarly, is there an account or source you prefer for rumors?  Thanks in advance.

Hoping we land a few players to get excited about in the next few weeks.

https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-deals

This is the list of completed deals by Sky. In my experience this is bang on accurate.

• Like 1

What about Christian Eriksen? Quality player, can’t be too far off the pace as he’s only been out a short time and presumably can easily get back up to fitness (it wouldn’t be like Stan for example). I’d have thought if he was psychologically ok, the fitness would come easily and he’d be a great addition. Probably worth having a look at even if he just joined for a bit to train?

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

What about Christian Eriksen? Quality player, can’t be too far off the pace as he’s only been out a short time and presumably can easily get back up to fitness (it wouldn’t be like Stan for example). I’d have thought if he was psychologically ok, the fitness would come easily and he’d be a great addition. Probably worth having a look at even if he just joined for a bit to train?

I suggested that a couple of weeks ago, got shot down on here by a few for talking shyte due to his health issue at the Euros. I think it could be an inspired signing. He is still the same footballer and would add so much to our squad

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I suggested that a couple of weeks ago, got shot down on here by a few for talking shyte due to his health issue at the Euros. I think it could be an inspired signing. He is still the same footballer and would add so much to our squad

I don’t see how there’s a risk tbh. Let him train and let’s see what he’s like? Don’t necessarily have to offer him anything but got to be worth a bit of time on the training pitch to see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eriksen will restart his career at either Odense in Denmark or at AJAX. He will not go straight to the PL, maybe if everything works out he'll move again after the summer.