January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

34 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

No he isn't. Don't believe in the Gary Neville bs. 

Maguire made a big difference for England when he returned during the Euros. Composure when stepping out and playing the ball changed the way we played. Mings is good. Maguire is also very good.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Maguire is a cow on ice.

Love having him and Ole as staples at Utd. They'll win nothing with those clowns there.

The key to United winning anything is not  having/missing Maguire, it’s their midfield. Getting a tune out of Pogba is vital for them.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Mistakes leading to goals last year was 1 each

The mings mistake stuff is down to the microscope we put him under, he doesn't make more than konsa or Targett or Cash he just makes higher profile ones because we make them higher profile

"where was mings?" is a real thing in the match threads, it's crazy what villa fans will put down as a mings mistake 

We tend to suggest poor positioning as a stick to beat Mings when we concede, but it’s worth pointing out that the limited protection our back line gets from midfield is one of the reasons Mings has to cover elsewhere.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Maguire is overrated but nowhere near as overrated as John Stones, God's Gift to the centerback position

I was just thinking this.  All the focus on Maguire yet Stones missing getting some scrutiny because if he played for any non-six club he wouldn’t be starting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

No he isn't. Don't believe in the Gary Neville bs. 

I love Mings but to suggest that he is better than McGuire is ridiculous. They are of a similar standard at defending but McGuire is much better at carrying the ball, passing the ball and he is also a much greater threat in the opposition box. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Maguire made a big difference for England when he returned during the Euros. Composure when stepping out and playing the ball changed the way we played. Mings is good. Maguire is also very good.

Maguire is a better player than Mings, not ‘miles’ better but a better player nonetheless. That’s not meant as a slight on Tyrone, he’s a hell of a leader for us and has generally done well in an England shirt apart from the 2 pre-Euros friendly games. I find the constant slagging off of Maguire very unfair, it’s not just Villa fans though.

• Like 1

Maguire is definitely not one of the best out there. He is overrated by the media and underrated by fans

But is OK with the ball, very good in the air and crap against a turn of pace. He also has a major error in him. Imagine the drama on here if Mings was headlocking Targett while allowing the opposition a goal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Mistakes leading to goals last year was 1 each

The mings mistake stuff is down to the microscope we put him under, he doesn't make more than konsa or Targett or Cash he just makes higher profile ones because we make them higher profile

"where was mings?" is a real thing in the match threads, it's crazy what villa fans will put down as a mings mistake 

10 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Mings £25m ???? Da fuq am I reading?!?! Club captain easily the equal of slabhead. Double it and you get just the footballer. It's a minimum of £75m to answer the phone so we can tell them to f*** off.

Konsa and Mings is one unit, entity, partnership call it what you want. Together this partnership is priceless.

44 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I love Mings but to suggest that he is better than McGuire is ridiculous. They are of a similar standard at defending but McGuire is much better at carrying the ball, passing the ball and he is also a much greater threat in the opposition box. 

Okay how is it ridiculous to suggest that Mings is at least the Equal of Maguire? Mistakes leading to goals 1 each. 

If we do it another way Man U have more of the ball and spend more time attacking than us. Therefore Slabhead has less time defending yet made the same number of mistakes leading directly to goals. 

to be fair i think maguire is underrated and gets a lot of stick due to his ridiculous price tag and the spotlight of being utds first choice CB

if you used VVD as the barometer and said he's a 10/10 PL defender id have maguire as an 8 and mings as a 7, stones and konsa as a 6.5

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

to be fair i think maguire is underrated and gets a lot of stick due to his ridiculous price tag and the spotlight of being utds first choice CB

if you used VVD as the barometer and said he's a 10/10 PL defender id have maguire as an 8 and mings as a 7, stones and konsa as a 6.5

Agree though Stones probably a 4 for me

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Okay how is it ridiculous to suggest that Mings is at least the Equal of Maguire? Mistakes leading to goals 1 each. 

If we do it another way Man U have more of the ball and spend more time attacking than us. Therefore Slabhead has less time defending yet made the same number of mistakes leading directly to goals. 

United conceded 44, we conceded 46 last season 

Edited by Zatman

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Stones a 5, Konsa a 7, but otherwise agree.

51 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Can’t judge just on mistakes though. You can be a rubbish defender, not make any mistakes and concede 5 goals a game.

Neither are rubbish by any means though.

• Like 1