January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I love Ming's, and I love our players, but let's be real, he's not known universally for having a " clanger " in him, just because he is higher profile.

I think most people , Villa fans and Non Villa fans accept that he is a Top Defender, but has a lapse in him.

They seem less frequent recently obviously.

Either way, I don't get why we feel the need to put down other top players, to big up our own.

Just as when Jack was here, the likes of Mount, Sterling and Foden were apparently " shite ". Lol

Maguire is a top player.

Every player has a mental lapse in them. Just watch Maguire highlights of all the errors he’s made. Some of the things he’s done, Mings would get slaughtered for on here. But we aren’t labeling Maguire as “always has an error in him.”

Regardless, I agree with you. We don’t need to pull someone down to prop up another. We should be able to objectively analyze players but I know, I know… it’s VT, lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Maguire is overrated but nowhere near as overrated as John Stones, God's Gift to the centerback position

but the mistake is....he plays for Man city....automatic pass.

Stones is not a bad player to be fair, but if he played for us, he would not be an auto choice for England.

• Like 3

whoever started this thread should be ashamed. 😬

You know we are gonna eat ourselves in this thread with 4 months to go until the window even open!?

I think there must be a Gollum version of time spent too long in a VT transfer thread, we are all gonna look like this:

gollum.gif.cc4440221ed4ea2c7966fd0fc77c026c.gif

"buy him this window....my precious"

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Every player has a mental lapse in them. Just watch Maguire highlights of all the errors he’s made. Some of the things he’s done, Mings would get slaughtered for on here. But we aren’t labeling Maguire as “always has an error in him.”

Regardless, I agree with you. We don’t need to pull someone down to prop up another. We should be able to objectively analyze players but I know, I know… it’s VT, lol.

you are right, some players do get away with it.....look at Phillips last night, might have been tiredness, but Lewondowski had the crucial space to work his magic, with his sand wedge cross.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

whoever started this thread should be ashamed. 😬

You know we are gonna eat ourselves in this thread with 4 months to go until the window even open!?

I think there must be a Gollum version of time spent too long in a VT transfer thread, we are all gonna look like this:

gollum.gif.cc4440221ed4ea2c7966fd0fc77c026c.gif

"buy him this window....my precious"

'You shall not pass'

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

you are right, some players do get away with it.....look at Phillips last night, might have been tiredness, but Lewondowski had the crucial space to work his magic, with his sand wedge cross.

That cross was perfection btw. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

but the mistake is....he plays for Man city....automatic pass.

Stones is not a bad player to be fair, but if he played for us, he would not be an auto choice for England.

Certainly feels that way - especially now that Grealish magically starts every **** game. I hate Southgate. 

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I was just thinking this.  All the focus on Maguire yet Stones missing getting some scrutiny because if he played for any non-six club he wouldn’t be starting.

Ah great, I take it we no longer have to strictly stick to the Jan transfer window as long as we are discussing Villa players and transfers. Oh wait! 🤔

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Certainly feels that way - especially now that Grealish magically starts every **** game. I hate Southgate. 

Jack is now an automatic, and features in the first 11.....primarily due to the extensive and prolonged work on the training Ground with Pep.

Its clear for all to see the huge improvement in his game, to warrant such a move, by the international manager.....perhaps at the Euro final he was being saved for the world cup.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Oops we better get back on topic

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agricultural midfielder in Jan...lets find one?

but has to be able to be comfortable on the ball and pass well too....good in the air, would be a bonus.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Carlton Palmer probably thinks he would be the right man for us. He is not short of a bit of inflated self confidence

Knew Carlton, when he was at the Albion, used to come in my pub, and we used to talk "Villa"... down to me I suppose. I found him a good lad.....plenty of grit, but would need more refinement now.

We used to have some good conversations.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Think you'll be waiting a lot longer than that chief, sorry!

there again maybe a better word for one is available, with more refinement.....but I still think, you are right, a long wait is likely.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

there again maybe a better word for one is available, with more refinement.....but I still think, you are right a long wait is likely.

It's like we were talking about the other day, I just don't think it's the style Dean/the club goes for tbf. 

43 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Farm to Fork Strategy: A partial response to our farmers' needs –  EURACTIV.com

what a first touch this lad has, and the vision is amazing.....but getting stuck in, is his forte.

giving that ball some stick......no strawman comments please.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1